U. S. 2020 budget deficit of 1 trillion with 22 trillion debt

Help Support CattleToday:

ccr

ranch hand
Reaction score
Interest on the national debt is around 480 billion.

Depends on how you look at it: We borrow money - to send foreign aid to other countries and to pay the interest on the national debt.

To me this is the biggest issue facing the U. S. today, but I guess I'm in the minority on this. One of my concerns is that a solution will be to take away from social security which so far the tax on people have been paying the outlays, but I've heard from some that this entitlement program needs reform, which I don't disagree, but there are other things that need reforming also.

Don't know why our government isn't addressing this boondoggle. I wrote the pres, senators, and representative, but doubt that does any good unless enough people expressed their concern to their representative and senators about the national debt and deficit. I'm trying to understand why the government is letting this happen and not doing anything about it, and how this out of control spending is going to affect you and me.

Everyone wants to fix the problem, but no one wants to pay for it.

Our spending problem could be fixed right quick, but no one wants to be the one to take a cut on their share.
"Lets cut spending, just not on what I want to spend it on"-Every politician

sim.-ang.king said:
Everyone wants to fix the problem, but no one wants to pay for it.

Our spending problem could be fixed right quick, but no one wants to be the one to take a cut on their share.
"Lets cut spending, just not on what I want to spend it on"-Every politician
Ding ding ding. It doesn't help that voters have very short memories. People around here are furious about the condition of the roads, but they were cheering when the state put a freeze on the gas tax a few years ago. Cause and effect.

here.. they just keep taxing and taxing.. and no change at all..

in this town.. WE have to pay for sidewalks and curbs.. Now.. if you blow grass in the road.. they will ticket you. the public pool costs 15/bucks a day to enter.

they are redoing a bunch of streets next year.. and every property owner has to pay for all the sidewalks and curbs added to taxes.

but they keep needing money for your "safety and security"

we have over 50 COPS for a county of around 20k people. insane. they all get a new police car EVERY 6 months.

They added a big cost to our sewer fees, saying is was to design a new system. as soon as council passed that they bought new ambulances with the money. nice.

firetrucks get traded in every year.

now all they do is keep saying they need more more more.. to hire MORE officers.. MORE firefighters..

keep in mind CALLS to police went down 18% last year. but we need MORE..

the list goes on..

cowrancher75 said:
we have over 50 COPS for a county of around 20k people. insane. they all get a new police car EVERY 6 months.

firetrucks get traded in every year.

Police getting a new car every six months and trading fire trucks every year is an EXTREMELY "out of the ordinary" practice.

Over here, fire departments are still running 20 and 30 year old fire trucks. Some are obsolete.

Most people don't know how to handle money unless they've ever been without, which most people haven't. When a person has to WORK HARD for what they have, their outlook will be a lot different.

It's also easier for most people to spend someone else's money. Easy come, easy go. Similar to a lot of people who inherit money.

At one time working for the government wasn't the best job. Now there's a waiting line to suck the hind teat. The government pensions and health care is what has done us in. Government employees need to work till their 65 before they can collect a pension and then only one.

cowrancher75 said:

Here there is 9 sheriff deputies for a county with 16K people and a physical area bigger that either Delaware or Rhode Island.

True Grit Farms said:
At one time working for the government wasn't the best job. Now there's a waiting line to suck the hind teat. The government pensions and health care is what has done us in. Government employees need to work till their 65 before they can collect a pension and then only one.

The Civil Service System only allowed you to draw on the federal annuity. January 1, 1987, FERS went into effect. Those who retire under FERS draw half from an annuity and half from SS. The new system actually costs the federal government less. Those who began service before 1987, stayed in the old CSS.

Dave said:
cowrancher75 said:

Here there is 9 sheriff deputies for a county with 16K people and a physical area bigger that either Delaware or Rhode Island.

We've got about 10 cops for 2000 people, plus the highway patrol from out of town (40 miles away) that comes to harass everyone here... Since they've had to travel an hour you can bet they have a quota of tickets to pay for that time

To serve and collect!

ccr said:
Interest on the national debt is around 480 billion.

Depends on how you look at it: We borrow money - to send foreign aid to other countries and to pay the interest on the national debt.

To me this is the biggest issue facing the U. S. today, but I guess I'm in the minority on this. One of my concerns is that a solution will be to take away from social security which so far the tax on people have been paying the outlays, but I've heard from some that this entitlement program needs reform, which I don't disagree, but there are other things that need reforming also.

Don't know why our government isn't addressing this boondoggle. I wrote the pres, senators, and representative, but doubt that does any good unless enough people expressed their concern to their representative and senators about the national debt and deficit. I'm trying to understand why the government is letting this happen and not doing anything about it, and how this out of control spending is going to affect you and me.

Go back and read what the drone cost that was shot done in the post about what should the response be.
$180 million that could be were all of the money goes. Its not like Henry Ford building bombers for WW2 where he contracted for $18,000 per plane and then reduced it to $12,500 and said that he was satisfied with profit at that price. The folks building the fighting machines keep adding on to the cost each time and gets away with it. I have worked in the defense industry and know how it works. Just look at the financial statements of all of the defense contractors and they are making money hand over fist.

Like the old say, "you gotta spend money to make money" They spend our money and make their money.

sstterry said:
He has a whole series of campaign videos on youtube. He got quite a few votes too!
It don't matter to me one bit either way, but We best stop here before we get it locked for political reasons...