type of rock

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
anyone know what type of rock this building is made of ?
deadwood006.jpg

Commercialfarmer":2c3ab33a said:
I'll throw out Limestone. Seems like that stone has become pretty popular. I like the looks of it.

i thought limestone also but i wasn't sure about he darker rock

Looks like what we use to call "Austin Stone" as it was quarried near Austin. They make a copy cat now made from cement and pigment its added for various coloring. A closer examination would help. Probably just good old limestone.

I mined Limestone for many years. Believe me it comes in many colors. Never seen it used for homes though. We just crushed it and used it to make steel!

Looks like limestone to me too . My house is limestone . It came out of Salado tx . The fake stone made frOm cement works fine as long as it doesn't get wet . We have been having problems with cracking if it's put over wood . Wood post etc swell .

I need a closer look but I am pretty sure that is Lone Star stone manufactured in Whitney, TX.

Same stuff used in Great Wolf Lodge, Gaylord Texan etc. Chili's, On the Border, Jack-in-theBox and practically all of the food chains are using it now. The boulders out in the landscape protecting the boards and speakers are real.

If it is authentic, it is blend of Granbury chopped and Austin sewn. Maybe a combination of authentic and synthetic.

The synthetic stones have come a very long way.

http://www.lonestarstone.com/v2/gallery.aspx

Look at their Austin Chalk and Marble Falls Chalk blended together. It gives that "Ozark Chalk" look that you can view towards the bottom.

I am a dealer by the way. I bring in rock from places as far away as Arizona and simply cannot be a specific color to match a decor in a - say 30 year old house that is being remodeled. With Lonestarstone I can get any color a customer wants if they are willing to use it and I can get it in any style offered. I have access to experienced installers.

Mostly I sell authentic stone. I have quit chopping limestone completely now and sold the equipment.

ALACOWMAN":3nkgjw1c said:
you see alot of stone houses in the hill country... is it because of the enviroment or just plenty of rocks

Plenty of rock in my opinion. I've sold several thousand tons of limestone and still have plenty of it.

Pulling out dino tracks is the high light.

ALACOWMAN":3rp042st said:
you see alot of stone houses in the hill country... is it because of the enviroment or just plenty of rocks
Lot of rocks...limestone, granite, marble. About anything you want....but the price of the land is outrageous is you want to move down there to the nicer communities.

backhoeboogie":210az1rv said:
ALACOWMAN":210az1rv said:

Plenty of rock in my opinion. I've sold several thousand tons of limestone and still have plenty of it.

Pulling out dino tracks is the high light.
All the ranches in the hill country are trying to run cows and sell deer hunts . All the while sitting on a gold mine in limestone .

There's more supply than demand for limestone so it's dirt cheap...or would that be rock bottom. Now city boys will pay $15,000 for a B&C trophy whitetail, camp grub, good whiskey and a lot of BS and pictures. :lol: :lol: And the rancher rights off all the expense of maintaining it because he's already a multimillionaire.

Latest posts