Tyler Brothers Farm machinery auction 8-18-18

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz":1szkmw0d said:
You going?
Didn't see a lot that interest me, about a 2 hr. drive and a good chance of rain. One small item I might bid online.

I like that little aluminum horse trailer, it'd be a handy one to have around.

I just noticed the backhoe you pointed out, that'd be right up my alley if the timing were a little different. Those engines are simple to work on.

There's quite a few things in that sale that tickle my fancy, just none that I need bad enough to foot the bill.

cfpinz":2lcjlnv6 said:
I just noticed the backhoe you pointed out, that'd be right up my alley if the timing were a little different. Those engines are simple to work on.

There's quite a few things in that sale that tickle my fancy, just none that I need bad enough to foot the bill.

I placed 30 items in my watch, as I looked through, to see how they sale in the end. Kinda gives me an ideal of worth and a couple low ball online bids so far. In the end probably want win. One item pretty interest in, but will need to look it over in person before I could justify bidding close to worth, as I may not attend.

cfpinz":2722un8l said:

The hoe sold for $4500, no buyers premium. With a bunch of later added pictures it look pretty good.

It is easy to see, as any decent used tractor sold very well, as like other auctions I have followed. THe EPA crap and high cost of new I would say is one of the reasons or the reason for this. If you have a pre-tier 4 tractor in good shape it will probably bring close what you gave for it. A low hours Deere 6430 brought over 70k. I don't blame them as I would over pay to for good used if I can find it as the new diesels have a lot of scary EPA additions (money pit).

That was a good deal on the backhoe, if the problems were localized to the engine.

Any idea what the little horse trailer brought? I had a link to it saved, but it says not valid when I clicked on it just now.

cfpinz":2pz4bnom said:
That was a good deal on the backhoe, if the problems were localized to the engine.

Any idea what the little horse trailer brought? I had a link to it saved, but it says not valid when I clicked on it just now.

$6900

jltrent":3rxlh1b8 said:
cfpinz":3rxlh1b8 said:

The hoe sold for $4500, no buyers premium. With a bunch of later added pictures it look pretty good.

It is easy to see, as any decent used tractor sold very well, as like other auctions I have followed. THe EPA crap and high cost of new I would say is one of the reasons or the reason for this. If you have a pre-tier 4 tractor in good shape it will probably bring close what you gave for it. A low hours Deere 6430 brought over 70k. I don't blame them as I would over pay to for good used if I can find it as the new diesels have a lot of scary EPA additions (money pit).
That's one way to look at the new diesel engines. The way I see it is once you delete them you have the latest and greatest technology available.

True Grit Farms":3pmj2jiu said:
jltrent":3pmj2jiu said:
cfpinz":3pmj2jiu said:

That's one way to look at the new diesel engines. The way I see it is once you delete them you have the latest and greatest technology available.

Its a shame you have to put an expensive delete kit in and wait until after the warranty is over to do it. I wonder if the particle filter, exhaust system and all the other (sensors, circuit boards, computers, etc) are bypassed with the delete on the newest out? There is a lot of extra on a new tractor from looking at them.

jltrent":3fktse2o said:
True Grit Farms":3fktse2o said:
jltrent":3fktse2o said:

Its a shame you have to put an expensive delete kit in and wait until after the warranty is over to do it. I wonder if the particle filter, exhaust system and all the other (sensors, circuit boards, computers, etc) are bypassed with the delete on the newest out? There is a lot of extra on a new tractor from looking at them.
It's definitely a lot of work to delete your vehicle yourself but there's nothing to it at all besides time. There's a crank case filter to prevent blow by that very few people even know about or change. I just cut the filter out and routed the hose towards the ground. If you plan on keeping the truck, you better delete it asap. You can not believe how fast the carbon and soot builds up in these new engines. The EPA cronies have ruined diesel trucks, and now their working on ruining cattle.

jltrent":imagpu10 said:
cfpinz":imagpu10 said:

$6900

Thanks.

That was a fair price if you're in the market.

Latest posts