TX, FL, TN , and some other low tax states

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
Are going to get invaded by those leaving high tax states now that deductions are changing.

Brute 23":3dfy0q4v said:
The tax bill didn't mathematically change much just shuffled it around. Definitely not worth moving over.
They will be hit twice now. The property tax will stay high (one hit) and you can't deduct it (hit two). They were getting hit two back with a Federal tax deduction, but no mo.

HDRider":2vswh2y2 said:
Caustic Burno":2vswh2y2 said:
You a project, and they gotta educate you.. Civilize you...
Yeah, like Hilary did Arkansas

clibrary.jpg

HDRider":7ltsughs said:
Brute 23":7ltsughs said:
The tax bill didn't mathematically change much just shuffled it around. Definitely not worth moving over.
They will be hit twice now. The property tax will stay high (one hit) and you can't deduct it (hit two). They were getting hit two back with a Federal tax deduction, but no mo.

I got ya but that is the same in Texas. You won't see any benefit by moving here. Texas people are getting hit twice also and we are #6 for highest property tax in the nation.

You have to be talking about some pretty large homes or facilities for it to matter above the increase in every ones standard deductions. Texas is like 1.9%. Like the guy I work for said... do I want to pay more taxes... no... will I survive by not being able to write the $80K off... yes. If I couldn't... I shouldn't own a home with taxes that cost $80K per year. He's pushing an $8M house and his taxes may increase by $30K at the most.

greybeard":3nztvpau said:
What do you mean "going to get invaded"?

I know what you mean. We've been "getting invaded" for decades. I remember seeing bumper stickers in the '80s that said "I don't care how you did it up north."

Brute 23":3ryb0oed said:
HDRider":3ryb0oed said:
Brute 23":3ryb0oed said:

I got ya but that is the same in Texas. You won't see any benefit by moving here. Texas people are getting hit twice also and we are #6 for highest property tax in the nation.

You have to be talking about some pretty large homes or facilities for it to matter above the increase in every ones standard deductions. Texas is like 1.9%. Like the guy I work for said... do I want to pay more taxes... no... will I survive by not being able to write the $80K off... yes. If I couldn't... I shouldn't own a home with taxes that cost $80K per year. He's pushing an $8M house and his taxes may increase by $30K at the most.
State income tax tho, is the probable difference. Tx and Fla have none and if I remember correctly, Tn only taxes investment income on the state level.

Rafter S":1hbibeuc said:
greybeard":1hbibeuc said:
What do you mean "going to get invaded"?

I know what you mean. We've been "getting invaded" for decades. I remember seeing bumper stickers in the '80s that said "I don't care how you did it up north."
Let the bastards freeze in the dark...

Complain about your property tax all you want but you still ain't paying a monthly fee to the state to live or work in it.

Latest posts