Two month old calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Jovid

Reaction score
Hey everybody!

I'm new at this but I do have a question.

I have a friend that just lost a heifer that has a two month old heifer at her side. What are the chances of the calf making it on her own. He said she seems to be doing ok eating wheat pasture. I am thinking about taking her off his hands but would not be able to bottle feed only give a modified intake ration and hay.

Let me know what you think

Jovid

Bottle calves are weaned at 7-8 weeks, sometimes earlier. Put that calf on good hay and grain and she'll be fine. Might take her a few days to adjust though.

Two month old calf should make it just fine without a bottle, although she will need a little more than just pasture. Follow Milkmaid's advice and the calf will be fine.

Give her some good feed and some good hay and she should do fine,I had one 3 years ago that lost her mother and she made it just fine.

Just thought I would let you all know that you do know what you are talking about.

I brought the calf home on Monday thought I would try a bottle and of course that didn't work. She started eating grain Monday night and is doing well.

Thanks for the help.

You might add a little "Calf Mana" to her feed. It looks like feed and comes in a sack like feed. Get it at the feed stote.
Some others on here can tell you how much to give her.

I'm feeding her Purina Startina and Animax. That is what the feed store suggested. She seems to like it

:) I have raised many calves on Purina startina and growena
they love it :heart: and do really well. Your calf will be fine!

Latest posts