Two headed copperhead.........

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
A woman in Virginia found an extremely rare two-headed copperhead snake slithering around her neighbor's flowerbed.

Virginia Wildlife Management and Control posted images and a clip of the venomous viper on Facebook last week — and the state now hopes to display it in a zoo to the delight, or fear, of many.

The few two-headed around snakes typically don't survive for long in the while, because each brain often wants to do "two different things," the state herpetologist said. In this case, "The left head has the dominant esophagus and the right head has the more developed throat for eating," Kleopfer explained.

Still —both heads are capable of attacking and biting and both mouths can send potentially deadly venom to their victims.

While copperheads often grow to 18 to 36 inches and can attack humans, this young viper is mainly lashing out at insects, Kleopfer said, adding it was his goal to help the "little guy" stay alive.

092318-two-headed-snake-feature1.jpg

That's a double nope for me. Anyone think Ddd75 could strip down and handle this snake with his bare hands? :lol2:

jltrent":2k2btj58 said:
A woman in Virginia found an extremely rare two-headed copperhead snake slithering around her neighbor's flowerbed.
Obvious flower thief, probably stealing tulip bulbs.
IF it were Georgia the next thing she finds might be a bullet behind the ear for trespassing.

Son of Butch":17ibaz4s said:
jltrent":17ibaz4s said:
Obvious flower thief, probably stealing tulip bulbs.
IF it were Georgia the next thing she finds might be a bullet behind the ear for trespassing.

We don't give em a bullet in Georgia for poaching flowers. Just a good caning or two :lol2:

farmerjan":1o09w7kv said:
That is an amazing picture, and I agree that it is pretty unusual that it could get to that size.
If I had 2 mouths I'd probably get pretty big pretty quick too.

Latest posts