Two Foundation Beefmaster Herd Bulls (2 Pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

East Caney

Reaction score
These are two Beefmaster herd bulls used by Buster Beefmasters in Oklahoma. The dun bull is a Frenzel bred bull (921-2), (grandsire Lasater 6129). The red bull is a Lasater bred bull (2079) who had a weaning ratio 119 and a yearling ratio of 112.

Frenzel921-2Buster.jpg

(Frenzel 921-2)

Lasater2079Buster.jpg

(Lasater 2079)

What do you all think?

Not an expert but from the pictures I like 2079, nice sack and tight lines.

I thought these bulls were pretty good...didn't think they'd leave the entire board speechless...

May I pick your brains for your thoughts? Opinions from members on the board aren't the end all be all, but it would be nice to know what some others think about these bulls before I come home with their daughters.

PLEASE share your opinions!!! :)

What were the performance records on both bulls? I use records, epd's and visual appraisal in making bull selections.

I like the appearance of the white bull, but the numbers are impressive on the red bull.

What is your goal or marketing plan for the calves?

BC,

I'm going up to Buster's place to see his cattle in a couple of weeks. I may try to come home with something. These bulls will also likely have daughters in the Texoma bull sale next Spring. If I get anything from them, it will probably be heifers. I plan on retaining females. The majority of bull calves will probably be steered at weaning, but I'd consign any exceptional calves into a bull sale.

I'll have to ask Buster if he has the numbers on that Frenzel bull. I think he may have purchased him out of the CTBB Beef On Forage sale in Brenham.

I think both are very good bulls and would improve any herd as far as overall appearance and performance. It takes bulls like these to provide the commercial cattleman with stock that work and keep them coming back. Both are very good bulls and I really admire what larry buster ,Mike Moss ,Doyle Altaffer and Larry's nephew casey are doing in northeast oklahoma with these foundation cattle. If anyone is close to oologah oklahoma I think you should stop by and visit these folks I think anyone would be impressed.

manaftergodsheart413":2endys26 said:
I think both are very good bulls and would improve any herd as far as overall appearance and performance. It takes bulls like these to provide the commercial cattleman with stock that work and keep them coming back. Both are very good bulls and I really admire what larry buster ,Mike Moss ,Doyle Altaffer and Larry's nephew casey are doing in northeast oklahoma with these foundation cattle. If anyone is close to oologah oklahoma I think you should stop by and visit these folks I think anyone would be impressed.
both bulls look like they will sire nice heifers.both bulls are nice thick bulls.you cant judge the heifers the bulls would produce without seeing the cows they are bred to.an see the heifers at birth weaning an breeding age.

bigbull338":1fzwyjg7 said:
manaftergodsheart413":1fzwyjg7 said:
both bulls look like they will sire nice heifers.both bulls are nice thick bulls.you cant judge the heifers the bulls would produce without seeing the cows they are bred to.an see the heifers at birth weaning an breeding age.
heck id had rather see these bull's dam's. but they were probably good. but the teat's and udder on them would be my main focus. id say they are both good but ill go with the red one . i like him

I like both bulls. The white one has a better sheath. I would use the white one. Not that I don't like the red one because I do.

Latest posts