Twins

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I was reading the letter about the Twin Bulls and noticed that the person responding said that there would not be a problem with fertility. I know of a person that their cow had twins: 1 male and 1 female. I was interested in buying the male but was told that he would not be fertile because usually one of the twins is not "good". Is this ture? Or would I be taking a gamble on this bull? I am new at this as well and I could use some help with this question.<br>Thanks....Nira
<br>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":cc5ns6qi said:
: I was reading the letter about the Twin Bulls and noticed that the person responding said that there would not be a problem with fertility. I know of a person that their cow had twins: 1 male and 1 female. I was interested in buying the male but was told that he would not be fertile because usually one of the twins is not "good". Is this ture? Or would I be taking a gamble on this bull? I am new at this as well and I could use some help with this question.<br>: Thanks....Nira<p>The heifer in that situation would be sterile. The bull calf's reproductive capabilities are still O.K. that is the only time there is a sterility problem with twins.
<br>

[email protected]

<br>: I was reading the letter about the Twin Bulls and noticed that the person responding said that there would not be a problem with fertility. I know of a person that their cow had twins: 1 male and 1 female. I was interested in buying the male but was told that he would not be fertile because usually one of the twins is not "good". Is this ture? Or would I be taking a gamble on this bull? I am new at this as well and I could use some help with this question.<br>: Thanks....Nira<p>Hello Nira:<br> The bull calf would be fertile but about 80% of the time the hiefer i sterile. I have heard of twin calfs and the hiefer ended up concieving a calf. CHARLES
<br>

Dearest Ellie,
back in the oldern day when i was growing up (circa 1980s) my dad would take me to the store at the four way stop about a mile from our house after school and i would get a glass bottled coke and a bag of peanuts. The store has since closed but the memories are still there. I used to put salted peanuts in my glass coca cola bottle. It is and was excellent. The only tricky part was if you had peanuts left at the end and you had to tap the bottom of the coke bottle to get the peanuts out without hitting your teeth. If you can find a glass bottled coca cola i highly recommend you give it a try.
Best, Beefy

*note* this can be attempted with a plastic bottled or canned coke but results are not as good.

Dearest Ellie,
back in the oldern day when i was growing up (circa 1980s) my dad would take me to the store at the four way stop about a mile from our house after school and i would get a glass bottled coke and a bag of peanuts. The store has since closed but the memories are still there. I used to put salted peanuts in my glass coca cola bottle. It is and was excellent. The only tricky part was if you had peanuts left at the end and you had to tap the bottom of the coke bottle to get the peanuts out without hitting your teeth. If you can find a glass bottled coca cola i highly recommend you give it a try.
Best, Beefy

*note* this can be attempted with a plastic bottled or canned coke but results are not as good.
Good idea. How did you figure that out?

If the twins were heifers would they both be fertile?

Angus Cattle Shower":1iixmzn4 said:
If the twins were heifers would they both be fertile?

As long as there wasn't a triplllet bull that was reabsorbed, both heifers would be fertile. Freemartinism is caused by the male hormones mixing with the females very early in gestation. If there's no male, there are no male hormones

dun

Angus Cattle Shower":1cczo6fe said:
Good idea. How did you figure that out?
In some tribes here,part of the ceremony of manhood is the obligation of the big boys at the pool hall sharing the secrets of life with the younger ones. Things like putting peanuts in your Pepsi bottle. Sadly,since we can't get soda in a glass bottle any more,some of the ways of your elders are now lost forever.

Down here at special occasions we can get them. Like the olympics.............. I think that there sould be a special place for elders to share their wisdom, and we can blow a whole day of school to listen, and learn things like not to lick a cold flagpole.

Beefy":mxuln49e said:

Aluminum canned coke poured in styrofom cup add peanuts.......still it's not as good.

Angus Cattle Shower":3ay6cdmu said:
I think that there sould be a special place for elders to share their wisdom, and we can blow a whole day of school to listen, and learn things like not to lick a cold flagpole.
I think you have found that place already.

Angus Cattle Shower":24wdhpoz said:
I mean a place that you can actually tallk to them in person. Not on the net.
Are you talking about http://www.cattlepages.com?
Ahhh, yes, grasshopper...this is the place. I guess I will have to start using those dang smilies to alert you of my humor. I don't think your mom would like for you to fly all over the U.S. of A. to spend time with a bunch of strangers. Any old farts in the place where you live? You might not be able to skip school to visit with them, but they could still teach you a thing or 2.

[DISCLAIMER--not an invitation to a minor to go meet up with strangers, not an excuse to skip school, I may in no way be held responsible for the actions taken before during or after this post. Stay in school!)

fellersbarnoneranch":13axdozx said:
Angus Cattle Shower":13axdozx said:
Ahhh, yes, grasshopper...this is the place. I guess I will have to start using those dang smilies to alert you of my humor. I don't think your mom would like for you to fly all over the U.S. of A. to spend time with a bunch of strangers. Any old farts in the place where you live? You might not be able to skip school to visit with them, but they could still teach you a thing or 2.

[DISCLAIMER--not an invitation to a minor to go meet up with strangers, not an excuse to skip school, I may in no way be held responsible for the actions taken before during or after this post. Stay in school!)

Ahhhh. Dont worry I wont do anything stupid (or at least nothing big) I have found another place. The seniors hall..........
I learned myself lots. Did you know that a long time ago, there was none of this technology, so they mailed letters? :eek: WOW. What is a letter? j/j LOL!!!! :lol: :lol:
Theres lots of old farts here. Dont worry. I will always be thinkin' (or mabye pretendin to.....)
In french the teacher only talks in french???!!! Now i think i am not to great in that part.

Angus Cattle Shower":3gmmga0m said:
fellersbarnoneranch":3gmmga0m said:
Angus Cattle Shower":3gmmga0m said:

Ahhhh. Dont worry I wont do anything stupid (or at least nothing big) I have found another place. The seniors hall..........
I learned myself lots. Did you know that a long time ago, there was none of this technology, so they mailed letters? :eek: WOW. What is a letter? j/j LOL!!!! :lol: :lol:
Theres lots of old farts here. Dont worry. I will always be thinkin' (or mabye pretendin to.....)
In french the teacher only talks in french???!!! Now i think i am not to great in that part.
About how old might you be shower?
Are you a married man?

Latest posts