twins look like dinks to be

Help Support CattleToday:

BobbyLummus1

Reaction score
I had a cow have twins 8 weeks ago . She is in good condition , mothers both calves , and has a good bag . I have plenty of grass too . Calves are healthy but not muscled up and growing like good ones . Should I sell one of the calves, both calves, or give them time ? What would you do ?

Cow is in good condition and the calves are healthy. I would sell them on your regular schedule and I'll bet you'll be happy with the the check you get from selling the two calves when you compare it to the check you get from selling one of the good ones.

If it we're me, I would watch the cow, if she looks like she's pulling down faster than the others and the calves aren't doing as well as the others, I would pull one and sell it. B&G

Black and Good":mnh464gg said:
If it we're me, I would watch the cow, if she looks like she's pulling down faster than the others and the calves aren't doing as well as the others, I would pull one and sell it. B&G

What he said..........I know several people who leaned this lesson he hard way.

I had a cow have twins 8 weeks ago . She is in good condition , mothers both calves , and has a good bag . I have plenty of grass too . Calves are healthy but not muscled up and growing like good ones . Should I sell one of the calves, both calves, or give them time ? What would you do ?

Just give them a time to or their body to recover to adapt with the surroundings. They will surely build their muscles in the future. :)

Gleedaniel13":6idrxb02 said:

Just give them a time to or their body to recover to adapt with the surroundings. They will surely build their muscles in the future. :)

They are not getting enough milk or they would be muscled up at 8 weeks. sell one and let the other grow out. NOW while it will still make a difference.

Latest posts