TV Channel 4 had a prog:

Help Support CattleToday:

You know, and I am prolly gonna get blasted for this, but Islam, Judiasm and Christianity all spring from the same origins. I think they just were wanting folks to clean up their act and see if it didn't make them to feel better about themselves.

I don't believe that Islam teaches hate any more than I believe that the Bible teaches us to hate. Yet, there are Christians out there who do hate and justify it by their faith.

There are a lot of misguided people from all faiths out there, all doing that they believe is fundamentally correct.

I wish we could all get along, I don't believe in prejudice, but I also don't like the fact that they should try to convert, you are what you are and it is upto you what you want to do. The different cultures and religions should be taught at school, so as we can all see what it is like at an early age, and try to get on. I have found there is more prejudices between the Asian races than most. Not saying it is true but the Christian Society seem to be more tolerent and lenient of things. That's why it seems we are being taken over. JIMO.

Lammie":2w7cfucy said:
You know, and I am prolly gonna get blasted for this, but Islam, Judiasm and Christianity all spring from the same origins. I think they just were wanting folks to clean up their act and see if it didn't make them to feel better about themselves.

I don't believe that Islam teaches hate any more than I believe that the Bible teaches us to hate. Yet, there are Christians out there who do hate and justify it by their faith.

There are a lot of misguided people from all faiths out there, all doing that they believe is fundamentally correct.

Yes Lammie,and I am afraid that you are one of them.Islam is the worship of "Allah"...the moon god....hence the moon symbol on their flags,etc.The origin of islam has nothing to do with the Judeo-Christian origins. Do your research.

Lammie":dgbcycwt said:

Currently, there is only one religion that thinks its ok to fly planes into buildings and kill innocent women and children and has done it. There is only one religion that has declared Jihad on the U.S.. There is only one religion that has beheaded our citizens on film and bragged about it to the global community. There is only one religion that has vowed to erase the world of Israel. There is only one religion that uses terror as there theme. When was the last time who herd of a Catholic suicide bomber? How about a Jew, Budhist, Hindu, Atheist, Agnostic, or Baptist suicide bomber. I'm not advocating throwing all Muslims under the bus. But trying to say all religions have there fanatics and equate that equally is incorrect. Not all religions are the same.

Txwalt":2sqvgxth said:
Lammie":2sqvgxth said:

Currently, there is only one religion that thinks its ok to fly planes into buildings and kill innocent women and children and has done it. There is only one religion that has declared Jihad on the U.S.. There is only one religion that has beheaded our citizens on film and bragged about it to the global community. There is only one religion that has vowed to erase the world of Israel. There is only one religion that uses terror as there theme. When was the last time who herd of a Catholic suicide bomber? How about a Jew, Budhist, Hindu, Atheist, Agnostic, or Baptist suicide bomber. I'm not advocating throwing all Muslims under the bus. But trying to say all religions have there fanatics and equate that equally is incorrect. Not all religions are the same.

I heard of a caucasian Christian bomber...his name was Timothy McVeigh. The building he bombed had a day care center in it...among other things...

Don't be foolish enough to believe that are no more Timothy McVeigh's out there...

Ever hear of Jim Jones? The one who had his "disciples" drink the poisoned kool-aid? How about David Koresh? Remember him. Both of them white "Christians." Both of them religious Christian zealots!

It's not the religion...it's the fanatics and zealots and lunatics of the religion...any religion...all religions, even my own religion...Christianity! There is nothing more passionate, nor dangerous, than a religious zealot...

Alice

Very true Alice. I guess we should give a free pass to all other religions that are creating religious zealots everyday. Because of Mcveigh. We seem to keep making excuses for the muslim terrorist. Mcveigh didn't go to a muslim country and blow anything up.

Walt

Txwalt":1t28exbz said:
Very true Alice. I guess we should give a free pass to all other religions that are creating religious zealots everyday. Because of Mcveigh. We seem to keep making excuses for the muslim terrorist. Mcveigh didn't go to a muslim country and blow anything up.

Walt

Heck no...he did it to his own people!

I edited my response above after you posted this...

McVeigh isn't the only one...nor will he be the last.

The free pass comment was a cheap shot...a lousy justification to slam another's beliefs and religion...and it makes the justifior no better than the perpetrator! No one, especially me will ever condone or, quite frankly forgive, the violence perpretated against this country...or any country...or any group of people.

Nor do I think would Jesus Christ!

'Nuff said...at least from this keyboard...and from this heart!

Alice

Txwalt":1y5e008e said:
Lammie":1y5e008e said:

You are exactly right Walt. Where are these so called "good" Muslims? Why are they not on national TV denouncing those that commit these horrible acts in the name of Islam. I will go on record anytime declaring any Christian that commits any of these acts is a liar and a murderer and has no part in Christ and challenge anyone to go to scripture and prove otherwise.

Larry

Alice":m12zmpg9 said:
Txwalt":m12zmpg9 said:

Walt

Heck no...he did it to his own people!

I edited my response above after you posted this...

McVeigh isn't the only one...nor will he be the last.

The free pass comment was a cheap shot...a lousy justification to slam another's beliefs and religion...and it makes the justifior no better than the perpetrator! No one, especially me will ever condone or, quite frankly forgive, the violence perpretated against this country...or any country...or any group of people.

Nor do I think would Jesus Christ!

'Nuff said...at least from this keyboard...and from this heart!

Alice

NICE that you edited your original post and THEN quoted mine. That is just CHEAP! I guess I should have quoted your post so it would be on record. I WON'T make that mistake again when replying to your posts!

Walt

chrisy":zo0lvlhk said:
The different cultures and religions should be taught at school, so as we can all see what it is like at an early age, and try to get on. .

No, they should not be taught at school. That would be suicidal! It is the responsibility of the parents to teach religion, manners, responsibiity, integrity, respect ~ things that matter or not. Teachers have their hands full as it is.

It is the priveledge and right of the parent to determine what they want their child taught in matters of religion. Let them teach it. I would rather teach mine than have a public school teacher do it. That is what Sunday school teachers are for, to reinforce beliefs taught in the home.

angie2":2bp9ka99 said:
chrisy":2bp9ka99 said:
The different cultures and religions should be taught at school, so as we can all see what it is like at an early age, and try to get on. .

No, they should not be taught at school. That would be suicidal! It is the responsibility of the parents to teach religion, manners, responsibiity, integrity, respect ~ things that matter or not. Teachers have their hands full as it is.

It is the priveledge and right of the parent to determine what they want their child taught in matters of religion. Let them teach it. I would rather teach mine than have a public school teacher do it. That is what Sunday school teachers are for, to reinforce beliefs taught in the home.

angie you seemed to have missed my point, I didn't mean religion for the child to follow, that is upto the family to do. I meant religion in general so as the children can see the differences in cultures and ways of life, as when we teach the children how to speak a different language, so they can compare and understand how other Countries work. Not to go into it deeply, just to let them know the gist of it.

No Chrisy, I didn't miss the point, I understand what you are saying. I just disagree. That being said ~ its your turn on escrabble. ;-)

Latest posts