Turning it off

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
Turning it off
I started this week
I no longer watch TV except certain things like pbr, American rancher, Chris cox and etc
I no longer listen to the radio while driving except for a station or two to hear the area ag update but I'll turn it off at the hint of any news outside the little bubble I have decided to live in
I have changed my home page on my computer and visits only the sites that appeal to me and fit in my bubble
Sticking my head in the sand ?
Maybe but in my bubble is a good place

I can't live happily in a world
When you no longer have morals, integrity, honor, creed, or standards to live by/up to
When what was evil is now looked upon in favor
When everything that feels good acceptable
When right and wrong no longer exist
When hard working Christian peopled are looked down upon
When children are taught homosexuality is good and encouraged
When eating meat is bad but smoking marijuana is ok
When able bodied individuals are proud and boastful for accepting welfare
When muslims are preferred over Christians
When working your tail off is punished but not having a job is rewarded
When having 4 kids and another on way and no husband or anyway to provide a living is rewarded
When turning kids out into the world without any skills to earn a living
When you are admired and praised for your evil life
When twisted and immoral becomes normal
When corruption is so out of hand it's expected and accepted
When a mans word and a handshake means nothing
When men wear more makeup than women
When a boots, jeans and a denim shirt are out of place
When no piercings or tattoos make you odd

When society as a whole is as dysfunctional as we have become, until we as a society realize the mistakes we have made by allowing the immoralist to take control of the media, government, schools, children's teaching, our lives and our thoughts we are ruined and he'll bound
We have the power to take our country back, but we sit and do nothing

We were once a Christian nation and favored by The Lord but we have turned our back on Him and have allowed evil to get a foot hold

Cross... reading your post made me remember this simple truth:

A Lie does not become a Truth...
A Wrong does not become a Right...
And Evil does not become Good...
Just because it is accepted by a Majority!!

Hold fast and stick to your morals Cross... I know that I will!

I quit newspaper, radio, and television news in 2008.
I quit television in december 2012.

All for the same reasons you mentioned. Im a lot happier than I was before.

cross_7":2vdhligc said:
Turning it off
I started this week
I no longer watch TV except certain things like pbr, American rancher, Chris cox and etc
I no longer listen to the radio while driving except for a station or two to hear the area ag update but I'll turn it off at the hint of any news outside the little bubble I have decided to live in
I have changed my home page on my computer and visits only the sites that appeal to me and fit in my bubble
Sticking my head in the sand ?
Maybe but in my bubble is a good place

I can't live happily in a world
When you no longer have morals, integrity, honor, creed, or standards to live by/up to
When what was evil is now looked upon in favor
When everything that feels good acceptable
When right and wrong no longer exist
When hard working Christian peopled are looked down upon
When children are taught homosexuality is good and encouraged
When eating meat is bad but smoking marijuana is ok
When able bodied individuals are proud and boastful for accepting welfare
When muslims are preferred over Christians
When working your tail off is punished but not having a job is rewarded
When having 4 kids and another on way and no husband or anyway to provide a living is rewarded
When turning kids out into the world without any skills to earn a living
When you are admired and praised for your evil life
When twisted and immoral becomes normal
When corruption is so out of hand it's expected and accepted
When a mans word and a handshake means nothing
When men wear more makeup than women
When a boots, jeans and a denim shirt are out of place
When no piercings or tattoos make you odd

When society as a whole is as dysfunctional as we have become, until we as a society realize the mistakes we have made by allowing the immoralist to take control of the media, government, schools, children's teaching, our lives and our thoughts we are ruined and he'll bound
We have the power to take our country back, but we sit and do nothing

We were once a Christian nation and favored by The Lord but we have turned our back on Him and have allowed evil to get a foot hold

I agree so much with what you say and I also do my best to avoid as much "news" as possible. Having said that, I still believe that you have to allow the right of other religions, or non religions to exist in harmony with others. Christianity is not the only way, just one way.

TN Cattle Man":zmirh230 said:
Cross... reading your post made me remember this simple truth:

A Lie does not become a Truth...
A Wrong does not become a Right...
And Evil does not become Good...
Just because it is accepted by a Majority!!

Hold fast and stick to your morals Cross... I know that I will!
You're surrendering....Pretending all the bad in the world does not or will not affect you will not make it go away either. Do something positive rather than just hunkering down in your bunker.

There is always an inherent danger to living in a bubble, especially one that is self imposed. Collapse. Take a short break from things that have an undesirable effect on us? That's fine. But placing artificial insulation around us is a recipe for disaster. Events are going to proceed around us whether we are engaged or disengaged, and eventually, a single pin prick will bring that bubble down around us.
History has shown this many times. The Great Wall of China was circumvented when American gunboats threatened to bombard Shanghai, The Maginot Line was bypassed and made obsolete in 2 days in 1940, the Alps couldn't protect Italy from the allies or the Asian barbarians, The Atlantic Wall of steel and concrete fell before the onslaught at Normandy. And of course, this country has long relied on to oceans to insulate us from the outside world. Dec 1941 and 9-11 showed the fallacy of that kind of thinking.

On a more personal level, I refer to these type endeavors as the Ever Shrinking Concentric Circles. "That, is happening way over there--doesn't affect me, slowly changes to "That's happening on the other side of the country--doesn't affect me" then to "That is in the northern part of the state, doesn't matter to me" but, eventually, no matter how hard we try to ignore t, it ends up with us in a tiny little circle that doesn't allow us outside our front door. That's where you have now placed yourself. Inside your own little world, protected by silence and blank screens.
The crap still rages, but you just don't hear or see it---yet. You will, because no door can remain impenetrable for long. No window can shun the sunlight forever or completely.

The other side of that coin, is the selfishness it brings upon us. To disengage from a struggle or fight doesn't mean the battle stops, it just means you have shifted your part of the fight to everyone else that remained engaged. No doubt yo will rejoice when you hear they win, but you will also feel the burning brunt of pain when they lose--it will come flooding in thru your imaginary DMZ regardless of how long you ignore the good fight.

Cross, I know how you feel. A year ago I was very involved. Writing congressmen, speaking out, and staying in tune with what was going on. In a period of a few months a had 3k + twitter followers and it was all getting to be too much. So I shut it all down for 10 months. Deleted my accounts and quit all news. I was indeed happier, but I just needed a break. I am by no means done and just this week got back down to business. I just needed a break. We got where we are because one small liberal voice turned into two then three then.....50 million. They outsmarted us. They controlled how we think via TV, education, politics, and now social media. I have to be a small voice or my children will have nothing to live for. I may need a break from time to time but I will be forever vigilant.

I agree with everything that has been posted. What I would like to add is, we caused this problem ourselves. If we as conservative God fearing people would of pushed our values on the liberal left they would hardly exist. But we let them live and gave them the freedom to do as they please and here we are. Now their trying and succeeding to force their imoral BS down our throats. One of these days we will win our country back, we are not scarred to fight for our rights and beliefs. The liberal left can't and won't fight when SHTF.

Sure complete disconnect is not healthy, but I refuse to hear any more about gay rights or the promotion of such, acceptance, being progressive or all other things the media is reporting/promoting.
I no longer am interested in the political non-sense coming out of Washington
I especially don't care to hear anymore of the tabloid BS that yahoo and others have turned into

Cow pollinator said something awhile back that made sense to me
I am going to live my life according to what I feel is right moral and just
I'm not going to change how I live my life according to how someone else thinks I should
The rules I TRY to live by are tough enough without any outside interference claiming I'm wrong for what I believe in.

My bubble my rules

Cross, I applauld you, I agree with pretty much every thing you said. I wish I had the will to do what your doing, but I dont. I watch the weather, and I DVR a few shows, Ax Men, Duck Dynasty, etc.
Good luck with what your doing.
Have a great day

:secret: :secret: My bubble my rules :secret: :secret:
:cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

n9nj.jpg

Cross, I understand exactly how you feel. My job keeps me in the truck a lot, anywhere from 3 to 5 hours a day. So I listen to a lot of radio talk shows. By the time I get home at night there's pretty much nothing on the news that I don't already know about. It seems as if there is no good news anymore and it gets to me sometimes and I do exactly what your talking about doing. It certainly helps and I believe its necessary. However I have to agree with Greybeard and Iso. We can't just stick our head in the sand. I believe that there is something to be said about knowing your enemy. I'll cut it off until I can pull myself back together then I catch up. I've also learned who to filter out and who to listen to for the type of information that I'm interested in.
I agree with everything you posted and hate to say its probably bleaker that you put it. I can also understand your and bigfoot's reasoning but an attitude of hear no evil, see no evil won't make the evil go away.

I know it ain't the right decision, but I just surrendered. It's also not like me to just give up, but that's exactly what I did. I felt like I was being spoon fed crap from everybody---------government, media------The list goes on and on.

I no longer feel like I can change the world. I now focus on helping someone change their world. I'm happier, and somedays I actually make a "little" progress.

Stay strong - Be Proud & Be Loud

You are not welcome in my world if:
You no longer have morals, integrity, honor, a creed, or standards to live by/up to
You look upon evil with favor
You think everything that feels good is acceptable
You think right and wrong no longer exist
You look down on hard working Christian people
You teach children homosexuality is good and to be encouraged
You think eating meat is bad but smoking marijuana is OK
You are able bodied and proud and boastful for accepting welfare
You prefer Muslims over Christians
You try to punish those working their tail off but reward those not having a job
You have 4 kids and another on way with no husband or anyway to provide a living
You are turning kids out into the world without any skills to earn an honest living
You are admired and praised for your evil life
You think twisted and immoral is normal
Corruption is so out of hand it's expected and accepted
A man's word and a handshake means nothing
You as a man wear more makeup than women
Boots, jeans and a denim shirt are out of place
No piercings or tattoos make you odd

And I ain't leaving my world for you to corrupt....

Cross - I turned it around a little.

the-holy-lance.jpg

cross_7":hgp043qv said:
Sure complete disconnect is not healthy, but I refuse to hear any more about gay rights or the promotion of such, acceptance, being progressive or all other things the media is reporting/promoting.
I no longer am interested in the political non-sense coming out of Washington
I especially don't care to hear anymore of the tabloid BS that yahoo and others have turned into

Cow pollinator said something awhile back that made sense to me
I am going to live my life according to what I feel is right moral and just
I'm not going to change how I live my life according to how someone else thinks I should
The rules I TRY to live by are tough enough without any outside interference claiming I'm wrong for what I believe in.

My bubble my rules

Get back in your bubble and adios.

You could turn off everything electronic forever but as long as you leave your bubble to go shopping etc... No matter how hard you try you can't out run the shenanigans of this country and world. The only way to never hear about anything is to homestead in Alaska and be self sufficient and never come into town or have any contact with anyone but your family.

The ones along the path are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.

I would give my life for the life of my children, family, friends, neighbors and all the good people in the world
I would climb in the cage and fight to the death to conquer evil(any who know me know it to be true)

I can't change the whole world, just mine

skyhightree1":3l1f5ucf said:
You could turn off everything electronic forever but as long as you leave your bubble to go shopping etc... No matter how hard you try you can't out run the shenanigans of this country and world. The only way to never hear about anything is to homestead in Alaska and be self sufficient and never come into town or have any contact with anyone but your family.

Sky you have a point and I've been thinking about that as well
I am making an effort to not to business with places that promote things I oppose
I cover lots of ground and talk to lots of people so it's almost impossible to filter everything
But I'm working on that too

skyhightree1":1kcd834w said:

True. I still am "aware" of what's going on. I'm just not bombarded with it like before. Especially the loose morals on sitcoms etc.