Turkey Hunting

Help Support CattleToday:

bandit80":12xyaobd said:
That's good!! Some day, I would like to get down to Florida for an Oscelola hunt, and then up to the Dakotas for a Merriam's hunt. Have taken an Eastern and true Rio Grande in Kansas. Wouldn't mind going to Texas for a Rio Grande hunt either.

Some day when family and job will allow that to happen.

You must be a die hard turkey hunter huh? Ya want me to shoot one and send him up to you? :lol2:

flaboy":227hm3ha said:
bandit80":227hm3ha said:
That's good!! Some day, I would like to get down to Florida for an Oscelola hunt, and then up to the Dakotas for a Merriam's hunt. Have taken an Eastern and true Rio Grande in Kansas. Wouldn't mind going to Texas for a Rio Grande hunt either.

Some day when family and job will allow that to happen.

You must be a die hard turkey hunter huh? Ya want me to shoot one and send him up to you? :lol2:

Outside of my wife and kids, I have three passions in life. Good cattle, good friends, and good turkey hunting. Sometimes I get to combine the cattle/friends and friends/turkey hunintg. 8)

This has been a strange year, turkey wise. 2 weeks ago they were gobbling all over the place. Only for one morning. Haven;t heard a sound from them since, but they started strutting clear back in late January. Season won;t open for another month, hope they have things figured out by then.

dun":4dhjinru said:
This has been a strange year, turkey wise. 2 weeks ago they were gobbling all over the place. Only for one morning. Haven;t heard a sound from them since, but they started strutting clear back in late January. Season won;t open for another month, hope they have things figured out by then.

March 8 I believe it was, turkeys were gobbling as if it were April 8. Haven't heard much of anything either the past couple weeks since that weekend. Saw 2 strutters around a flock of hens Sunday and again this morning. Excited for the upcoming season.

As of this morning the turkeys are gobbling at everything. Nothing yesterday and they won;t shut up today

Heard a few distant gobbles this morning from my doorstep. I sure will miss that when my wife and I move to our new house this fall/winter. No turkeys on that place.

bandit80":352mt7c2 said:
Heard a few distant gobbles this morning from my doorstep. I sure will miss that when my wife and I move to our new house this fall/winter. No turkeys on that place.

Not to worry bandit. There are plently of turkeys here on this board to keep you happy. :lol2:

flaboy":qgy6hubs said:
bandit80":qgy6hubs said:

Not to worry bandit. There are plently of turkeys here on this board to keep you happy. :lol2:

We're only moving about 5 miles, but where I live now there are a lot of turkeys. I have never seen one around the area where we are moving, and much to my dismay, it is closer to town. :cry2:

I saw the strangest thing this morning in the pasture by the lake. There were two geese who have decided to set up shop and they were walking around in the pasture. Surrounding them were two gobblers and a hen. The gobblers seemed to be courting them. They would strut around the geese and carry own. Geese would just look at them. Wouldn't think too much about it if the gobblers were both jakes but one had a good 10 inch beard and should have known better. Never seen anything like it.

Jogeephus":1tnycgtk said:
I saw the strangest thing this morning in the pasture by the lake. There were two geese who have decided to set up shop and they were walking around in the pasture. Surrounding them were two gobblers and a hen. The gobblers seemed to be courting them. They would strut around the geese and carry own. Geese would just look at them. Wouldn't think too much about it if the gobblers were both jakes but one had a good 10 inch beard and should have known better. Never seen anything like it.

Maybe they's just looking for love in all the wrong places. :lol2:

bandit80":3t6ulr19 said:
Jogeephus":3t6ulr19 said:

Maybe they's just looking for love in all the wrong places. :lol2:

Seemed it didn't phase them any that the girls were yankees. :lol2: My son and I just got back from this pasture and there was a nice flock in the field again. Several gobblers strutting. May have to go back in the morning and see if that beard is exactly 10 inches. ;-) :lol2:

Missouri startes later this month for three weeks. My 4 1/2 year old is going with me this year so I'll have extra reason to try and get me one. I guide some for a neighbor who sells hunts and usally getting a bird is not that hard but I'm thinking taking a 4 year old might be worse then some of the people I've been handed before. On second thought he might sit better then some of them did.

Latest posts