tumor?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I HAVE A COW THAT HAS A LUMP THE SIZE OF A ORANGE BETWEEN HER FRONT LEGS. IT DON'T SEEN TO BOTHER HER BUT ITS SLOWLY GETTING BIGGER. IT FEELS LIKE JELLO. ANY IDEAS?

[email protected]

I have the same problem with a six year old cow, but her's is about the size of a bowling ball and it's fairly hard. As you said it doesn't seem to bother her. I would also like to know what people do about this.

> I have the same problem with a six
> year old cow, but her's is about
> the size of a bowling ball and
> it's fairly hard. As you said it
> doesn't seem to bother her. I
> would also like to know what
> people do about this.

I don't know if this is related, but we had a young cow (3 years) with a "swelling" of that area (the "waddle" part) and the 2 vets did not know what it was with such a young cow, well one day she just sat down and died, this was while one of the vets was here... he was stumped , so we took her to the vet school and they said that she had congestive heart failure. It is very rare for a young cow but does happen. So you might want to have a vet check them out.

[email protected]

i was told a long time ago by a vet that in general if its soft to the touch then its usually an abcess (and can be drained) but if its hard then its usually cancer.

we had an abcess on a cows neck a few years back taht we drained but there is still a knot about the size of a golf ball as opposed to a grapefruit when we drained it. abcesses are pretty common and can be caused by anything. this one we think was caused by a prickly pear cactus

Latest posts