Tub question

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider":auwurzdp said:
I wish I got you guys' prices.

This cost me $114 for 200# tub

CRYSTALYX® NP-27™
HD Crystalyx is sort of the "Cadillac" of tubs and they know it and charge accordingly. I guess they figure the name is worth about $40 a tub.

here is a label, if you can read it, off of a tub that I fed a few of last year that the cows seem to do well on. It is a IGNITE 28 200LB. cooked tub for 85.00
protein 28 % fat 5.5
it does not have feathers in it , I'm not much for the feather tubs

BRYANT":n86fu92e said:
here is a label, if you can read it, off of a tub that I fed a few of last year that the cows seem to do well on. It is a IGNITE 28 200LB. cooked tub for 85.00
protein 28 % fat 5.5

Same one's I'm using.

No feathers in the fleet tubs I mentioned in the first post. As I said once the weather eased they were using the tubs much more. I threw a Purina tub in with the bulls. Same thing happened. Farmguy

BRYANT":zfxmavk3 said:
protein 28 % fat 5.5

These old eyes can't read it Bryant but I can tell it has some urea in it (Notice the non protein nitrogen in the guarantee right under crude protein). That should lower the price.

TexasBred":14lvzut1 said:
BRYANT":14lvzut1 said:
protein 28 % fat 5.5

These old eyes can't read it Bryant but I can tell it has some urea in it (Notice the non protein nitrogen in the guarantee right under crude protein). That should lower the price.
so if you was picking a tub would you rather it have urea in it or feathers ?
my deal with feathers, and it may not be true, I have heard that feathers and hair raise the protein level but that they are non digestible
it is kind of interesting to get labels off of tubs and even feed and see what they have put in it

BRYANT":2nemdxfs said:
TexasBred":2nemdxfs said:
BRYANT":2nemdxfs said:
protein 28 % fat 5.5

so if you was picking a tub would you rather it have urea in it or feathers ?
my deal with feathers, and it may not be true, I have heard that feathers and hair raise the protein level but that they are non digestible
it is kind of interesting to get labels off of tubs and even feed and see what they have put in it
Byant my problem with feather meal is that is simply is not needed to create a medium protein level tub. It's just cheap protein, not considered high quality protein and I would be embarassed to have it listed on my label if I were a manufacturer but since they can buy it cheap they use it then try to convince everyone it's a great ingredient. I'd rather leave it out and go with the urea.

Latest posts