TS Bill

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":3o1h7h5a said:
More wind here this morning than at any time yesterday. :???:

We got over 2 inches last night and it came in buckets.
One of those long trailing bands trained right over us.
Change that to 3.5 inches since midnight.

1" yesterday and another 2.9" last night. Water everywhere. Looks like eye has just passed us so now have to wait for the backside rain. Nothing like good 'ol Texas weather.

Been raining her since I work up. Most have rained most of the night as water is everywhere. Haven't been to the gauge and don't plan on it anytime soon.

Those poor folks in the Lower Trinity River Basin aren't going to get any relief either. Discharge out of Livingston Dam is 68,200 cu ft/sec today, and there will be a bunch more coming down the pike from DFW. How many continuous days of flood stage at Liberty now?

Pretty mild. No down bursts. No tornado. No hail. Doesn't even compare to our typical spring thunder storm. Not even much lightening. No trees lost on fences or in pastures. Lots of rain but it is mild rain. No 6 inch per hour type of thing.

Would take this over a spring thunderstorm damage any day.

backhoeboogie":2wl6gtrs said:
Pretty mild. No down bursts. No tornado. No hail. Doesn't even compare to our typical spring thunder storm. Not even much lightening. No trees lost on fences or in pastures. Lots of rain but it is mild rain. No 6 inch per hour type of thing.

5.5 inches since midnight and looks like that much more on radar.
It is training all the way from the Gulf right over the top of us.

see if this works
Change speed to 5x and time period to "past 12 hrs". Click the right arrow in the blue box.

You may have to let the radar loop a few times to actually see it all including current signature as of 1:15pm local time.

Caustic Burno":3uzibgvi said:
backhoeboogie":3uzibgvi said:

I was looking at the intellicast radar. The east side wrap around seems to be the heaviest over you. Those are some really big bands too. No red on the radar tho. Lots of green and yellow.

When it came over, I was west of the eye by about 10 miles. West side did not get as much rain as the east side. Winds were around 35 which is nothing.

We had two dry weeks here. So our ground was no longer saturated. The pastures will actually take in some of the water.

Its hilly here. There will be flooding in low lying areas because of the slopes but there always is. Flood plains will be dangerous because of all the spring rains we have had and lakes are already full.

Overall, not much impact to me. Its always a blessing to get rain. My ponds runneth over. Much better than the 2010 hauling 1000 gallons of water to the cows every evening and 10,000 gallons a day on weekends. Wet cows drink a lot of water.

Caustic Burno":2xvdjetd said:
backhoeboogie":2xvdjetd said:

It has blown past us for the most part. We're dry. East side of Texas is still getting moisture sucked out of the gulf and dumped on top of you. It is the CCW Rotation. Sorry for your plight CB Dang. You need webbed feet.

The cows have resided in the east pasture today on the high hill.
There was only two places to be on the east high or the hill in the back pasture.

Ended up with a little over 9 inches for two days.
It trained on us big time today, had to go to church out the long way in the truck.
Branch that runs through my place usually takes 9 to 10 inches to get out of banks.
It did, bottom pastures need to be planted in rice. Creek it feeds into on the east side of the
hill was across the road on both sides of the bridge.
On the positive side I get to hone my bucket and box blade skills putting the driveway back
together AGAIN :mad: If would dry up enough to get a dump truck maybe two loads of rock
in here would help.

greybeard":rcxhf0r4 said:
1982vett":rcxhf0r4 said:
So far we have only gotten some light drizzle off the sea breeze.....but the projected path has us in the bullseye..... Some how I we will get more rain out if this tropical storm than we did off the last hurricane that bullseyed us.

If what I've been seeing the last 8 hrs is any indication, you're going to get some more tomorrow-Thursday.
Typical tropical stuff--solid low, moving cloud cover, continuous light to moderate rain, changing to absolute downpours about every 30 minutes as the heavier bands pass over. Not terribly bad as a TS goes--very little wind here, but steady south-SE breeze punctuated by a few stronger but acceptable gusts. The air itself--warm, and heavy--just feels completely different than a typical wet June day-- there's no mistaking this for anything other than a TS.
I think we gonna dodge the bigger bullet, but counties to the south and west of us won't. My gauge shows we got a little over 1" since around 11pm last night--steady and slow enough that it all soaked in.

Around 1 this afternoon I would have sworn I was standing in Galveston. You boys can keep that warm humidity stuff down there, :yuck:. Rain drops were much warmer than normal as well. Didn't get any real rain, mostly cloud cover and lots and lots of humidity. I think I'm allergic to humidity.

Intended to say I hope you get some clear skies soon, just not too many consecutive ones. Seems it don't take long for the moisture to leave and the cracks to re-appear.

Latest posts