Trying to be a rancher

Help Support CattleToday:

hillrancher

Reaction score
Fed out my calves from last years to Feb this year. Made enough to brag about and feel as if I got payed well doing it even though the seat of my pants was dragging in the mud while doing it. Took the check to the bank. Banker said he needed no money would not pay any interest so I have desided to buy 3rd p. cows and run this summer since I have rented a few acres of hay and pasture. Got my first in this week end. Went to work them today have desided I need to be a cowboy instead of a rancher they are some crazy beast.
They do not know that feed can be found in a bunk.

I think some feel the need to stomp down all the grass around the perimeter before they can eat comfortably. Good luck.

Jogeephus":7u8alz6n said:
I think some feel the need to stomp down all the grass around the perimeter before they can eat comfortably. Good luck.
thats exactly what i was thinking the other day when i turned mine in on another pasture,, its like you just hauled them to a different country by opening a dam gate :cowboy:

being a cowboy is a rough tough job.wsp when cows arnt bucket broke.but then if you have bunk broke cows.theyll run over you to get to the feed.

Usually doesn't take long to find the groecries once they see the other cows having supper.
Always know when a new one comes in from a lerge operation...they just don't know what grain is.
We feed a few pounds every week to keep the herd interested in the grain bucket...getting to darn old to chase cows so the bucket works well for us. Some times I think that Susie can catch ours faster with a
grain bucket than a cowboy on a horse with a good dog can.
DMc

Latest posts