Try this on

Help Support CattleToday:

A pound of beef does more damage to the environment, than a gallon of gas? That seems far fetched to me. Cattle turn marginal and completely unproductive land into a protein factory. When this big blue marble starts running out of food, those same idiots will starve like everybody else. Sad that they generate propaganda like that.

"In the study, pork, poultry, dairy and eggs all had comparable environmental footprints, so close there were no statistically significant differences among them, Eshel said. But cows were off-the-chart different."

Am I reading this wrong or are these people just flipping ignorant… unless something has changed since I last saw a dairy, dairy comes from COWS!

TColt":1gyl5mt9 said:
"In the study, pork, poultry, dairy and eggs all had comparable environmental footprints, so close there were no statistically significant differences among them, Eshel said. But cows were off-the-chart different."

Am I reading this wrong or are these people just flipping ignorant… unless something has changed since I last saw a dairy, dairy comes from COWS!
I saw that too. What little credibility they were struggling for went out the window at that point.

Worry not...many of us are already working on the perceived problem. These recommendations were made long before this little dab of research from these jerks:

Many different management practices can improve a livestock operation's production efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Some of the most effective practices include:

Improving grazing management
Soil testing, followed by the addition of proper amendments and fertilizers
Supplementing cattle diets with needed nutrients
Developing a preventive herd health program
Providing appropriate water sources and protecting water quality
Improving genetics and reproductive efficiency

Who is paying for this type of "research?"

Somebody please send a link to chickens grazing praries or pastures. I have never seen such.

What? Don't you know that "free range" eggs and poultry is all the rage? That means they let the hens out of the coops for a few hrs/day to eat grass and bugs from a 1 acre fenced in lot then back into the laying house they go so the organic farmer can gather the eggs.

Mine don't get put back in their pen they just stay outside and roost where they want to roost and shyt all over the place. They have chicks occasionally but the hawks and the skunks keep the numbers pretty steady. With all the turds around I'm beginning to think I need some more hawks.

Yeah Joe, but you are a true organic/grass fed/free range/all natural producer, (or is that--in your case-- Au Natu`ral?) giving back to nature more than you take.

You boys are way Behind. I have a herd Of certified EFB cows and will soon go to market with the final product. I will be using social media to get the housewife's to request certified EFB meat at all the stores. I will come to your farm and if you meet the stringent demands You too can be a Certified EFB farm/ranch. The best part is we are not breed specific.

Latest posts