True words of wisdom.

Help Support CattleToday:

Mistakes are made to learn from, and we can all here in American learn from the mistakes that the British made about giving up their guns.

Tony Martin is out of jail he was released in 2003 and only served three years, of his sentence. I am led to believe that not all States let you kill an intruder, so with out knowing our laws it is hard to judge. We have not for a long time been a society that carried guns freely in the streets, the Guns had to belong to a certain group of people, my Husband had a gun licence as did I at one time, and we had to keep the guns in a secure place in the house and way away from the ammunition. It was a matter of belonging to a gun club, not walking the streets with a gun on show or concealed.
As for the hunting laws, that was not to take away the rights of hunting, it was because the fox was hunted down by a pack of dogs and torn to pieces for the fun of it. That is not hunting that is barbaric, if you go out and shot a deer or a duck it is usually fast if it is not killed first time by a bullet it is by the second, it is not left for your dogs to rip it apart. Do you think this is civil? is this sport?. I am not against hunting in the way that it is done in your Country and others humanely, quick if possible. and in most times the animal killed is eaten, not left to rot into the ground or dieing in suffering in pain. Also the hunt went across farmers land, would you like a group of riders and their pack of dogs come thundering through your land and not having to let you know they are coming, worrying your livestock and possibly mowing you or one of your family members over as has happened. This video does not give all the details and only gives the report of the Hunts people, before this is commented on all the facts should be known, and not just the one side of the people who have had their sad little hunt taken away from them. I you have a question about my Country and it's Laws ask and I will try to answer.
sorry for the ramble but I just felt I needed to put some point over of the other side.
ps by the way Tony Martin shot the boy in the back as he was leaving. Murder in my eyes,as I always thought shooting someone in the back was the act of a coward. why not just shoot him in the leg so as he could be arrested by the Police.?????????

Our sheriff told us to shoot to kill but be damn sure you drag them inside the house before calling the law.
Tom.

chrisy":29um0huh said:
Murder in my eyes,as I always thought shooting someone in the back was the act of a coward. why not just shoot him in the leg so as he could be arrested by the Police.?????????

I agree 100% with your stance on hunting and quick kills.

I would never shoot a person in the back,murder?,I'm sure we don't know the whole story there either.
If you have to pull a trigger on a weapon aimed at a perp you better be shooting to kill.
You think the cops shoot just to wing someone? When your life is in danger you shoot to kill.

Any thoughts on this all y'all TEXANS :?:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":ao0l88d7 said:
chrisy":ao0l88d7 said:
Murder in my eyes,as I always thought shooting someone in the back was the act of a coward. why not just shoot him in the leg so as he could be arrested by the Police.?????????

I would never shoot a person in the back,murder?,I'm sure we don't know the whole story there either.
If you have to pull a trigger on a weapon aimed at a perp you better be shooting to kill.
You think the cops shoot just to wing someone? When your life is in danger you shoot to kill.

Any thoughts on this all y'all TEXANS :?:

Im with you there. Chrisy you would be a better shot than me then. But when it comes down to life or death I'd make sure I hit him. That trial sure seemed messed up. He shot an intruder and went to jail?! Glad to be in America.

We have a law in our State that allows for the home owner to shoot and kill an intruder who threatens them with bodily harm with a weapon.
There is a new law being introduced that allows to home owner to shoot and kill an intruder who breaks into their home.

One guy in our area was arrested for shooting at a truck carrying 2 people who were in his yard at 2 in the morning. He hit the passenger in the leg. Turned out the 2 people were going to different homes and robbing them. After that came out the whole thing quietly faded away.

I will always it's best to shoot and leave no witnesses.
If youre going to use the gun for a weapon it's best to use it the right way.
A wounded man still has a fighting chance.
Now having said this,I would not use a gun unless it was a case of life threatning.
And I figure thats exactly what it is when someone breakes into my home.

Cal

Chrisy,

Thanks for fill in with more of the story. That changes my opinion on part of it. But I must take a different stand on the "winging him" idea.

Chrisy said,

why not just shoot him in the leg so as he could be arrested by the Police.?????????

That only works on the TV and in the movies. In this state (IL), and all others that I know of, we (police officers) are taught to aim "center mass" (center chest). This idea that "winging him" will make him stop is not factual. I just read an article about a traffic stop gone bad a few months ago where the "bad guy" was hit over twenty times by the officer and didn't die until over four minutes in the ER, which had to be ten to fifteen minutes after the shooting ended.

Tommy Ruyle":1dw3ckyg said:
Chrisy,

Thanks for fill in with more of the story. That changes my opinion on part of it. But I must take a different stand on the "winging him" idea.

Chrisy said,

why not just shoot him in the leg so as he could be arrested by the Police.?????????

That only works on the TV and in the movies. In this state (IL), and all others that I know of, we (police officers) are taught to aim "center mass" (center chest). This idea that "winging him" will make him stop is not factual. I just read an article about a traffic stop gone bad a few months ago where the "bad guy" was hit over twenty times by the officer and didn't die until over four minutes in the ER, which had to be ten to fifteen minutes after the shooting ended.
Two or three years ago down here a man stopped for a trafic violation attacked the cop and was beating him bad. The cop got off one shot and hit him in the stomach with a .40 caliber. It didn't stop him. He was on the cop and beating him bad.

A citizen got out of his van, came to the aid of the cop and shot the man 4 times with a .45. He continued to beat the cop. The citizen finally killed him with a fifth shot to the head.
This was hard to believe, but it happened.
The man was not exceptionally large, was not drunk, and was not on drugs.
(As a matter of interest, the citizen who shot him was a diasbled man.)

Winging shots and waiting for the cops is fairy tale stuff.

Gun and ammo stored in different places, :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Calman":1sjucjbx said:
I will always it's best to shoot and leave no witnesses.
If youre going to use the gun for a weapon it's best to use it the right way.
A wounded man still has a fighting chance.
Now having said this,I would not use a gun unless it was a case of life threatning.
And I figure thats exactly what it is when someone breakes into my home.

Cal
If an intruder is wounded, but lives, you can count on getting sued. And with so many liberals with stars in their eyes that may be on a jury :help:

If someone is killed breaking into your home, I wouldn't call it murder. I would call it suicide.

As far as ,"not shooting someone in the back". I think thats like not punching someone that is ducking. Once I decide to pull the trigger I won't care what profile the guy gives me.

Walt

After reading the whole story maybe the guy was a little off kilter, but why was he ? How many times can you get broken into ? I think he was paronoid and truly feared for his life. It's a shame he had to live the way he did out of fear. I can't say why he shot that guy in the back,maybe he just wanted to put an end to what was happening to him. Maybe these same two had broken into his home before. In any event unless you are on the trigger end of a weapon it's hard to judge what a person should do.

Based on what I read I might have done the same.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":ypc2pmvr said:
chrisy":ypc2pmvr said:

quote]

As a police officer for sixteen years, I will tell you this much...1)Officers are trained to use deadly force to stop aggression. 2)We are trained to shoot center mass... As I liked to say when I was training people, "Center mass stops his a$$!"