True or false

Help Support CattleToday:

WagaAgeyv

Reaction score
Can you guess which of the following are true and which are false?

1. Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
2.Alfred Hitchcock didn't have a belly button.
3. A pack-a-day smoker will lose approximately 2 teeth every 10 years.
4. People do not get sick from cold weather; it's from being indoors a lot more.
5. When you sneeze, all bodily functions stop, even your heart!
6. Only 7 per cent of the population are lefties.
7. Forty people are sent to the hospital for dog bites every minute.
8. Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until they are 2-6 years old.
9. The average person over 50 will have spent 5 years waiting in lines.
10. The toothbrush was invented in 1498.
11. The average housefly lives for one month.
12. 40,000 Americans are injured by toilets each year.
13. A coat hanger is 44 inches long when straightened.
14. The average computer user blinks 7 times a minute.
15. Your feet are bigger in the afternoon than any other time of day.
16. Most of us have eaten a spider in our sleep.
17. The REAL reason ostriches stick their head in the sand is to search for water.
18. The only two animals that can see behind themselves without turning their heads are the rabbit and the parrot.
19. John Travolta turned down the starring roles in "An Officer and a Gentleman" and "Tootsie."
20. Michael Jackson owns the rights to the South Carolina State anthem.
21. In most television commercials advertising milk, a mixture of white paint and a little thinner is used in place of the milk.
22. Prince Charles and Prince William NEVER travel on the same airplane,
just in case there is a crash
23. The first Harley Davidson motorcycle built in 1903 used a tomato can for a carburetor.
24. Most hospitals make money by selling the umbilical cords cut from women who give birth. They are used in vein transplant surgery.
25. Humphrey Bogart was related to Princess Diana. They were 7th cousins.
26. If coloring weren't added to Coca-Cola, it would be green.

See answers below

They are all true....Now go back and think about #16

I don't know about eating spiders,cause they mustn't have any flavor to them....but anyone who lives up here, I am sure has had the joy of waking up with the taste of maple bug in your mouth....And trust me they don't taste nothing like maple syrup!!! :shock:

So that's why I sometimes wake up with a web in the corners of my lips.

cowgirl580":3tlny43e said:
they say on avg a person will swallow around 3 spiders a wk while sleeping.

Cowgirl, I could have lived quite happily for years without that little tidbit of information. :???: :???:

Victoria, I heard that! :( :(

cowgirl580":3stxsb1z said:

PLEASE tell me that average is world wide. That would mean I'd have swallowed very few compared to people in the tropics.

2.gif
2.gif
2.gif

I'm going to say #9 is false. Do the math, that is 10% of your life or 2 hr. 24 mn. every day. Unless of course people in other countries and big cities are waiting in line 4 hours a day to make up for the rest of us.

Victoria":28pfh44h said:
cowgirl580":28pfh44h said:

PLEASE tell me that average is world wide. That would mean I'd have swallowed very few compared to people in the tropics.

i've been looking for some back up on this and found lots of conflicting info on spiders. first of all, daddy long legs aren't really spiders and they aren't poisonous. that said, i found 1 site that said a person swallows 7 spiders in their lifetime. still searching for where i got the other #. (*found other numbers. they say 3-8 a year. then found article below*)

****http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/spiders.htm found this after more searching. looks like we're all safe after all. from gagging on a spider anyway.

cowgirl580":3fal79ow said:
Victoria":3fal79ow said:
cowgirl580":3fal79ow said:

i've been looking for some back up on this and found lots of conflicting info on spiders. first of all, daddy long legs aren't really spiders and they aren't poisonous. that said, i found 1 site that said a person swallows 7 spiders in their lifetime. still searching for where i got the other #. (*found other numbers. they say 3-8 a year. then found article below*)

****http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/spiders.htm found this after more searching. looks like we're all safe after all. from gagging on a spider anyway.

the spider that they are refering to are only the little Gosimer (money) spider, they float on the air currents, and have been found as far up as the outer hemisphere, the normal house spider is supposed to taste of nutmeg, but I would not like to try one. this first came about in a Documentary by Sir David Attenbourgh, I wish he had kept this finding to himself.
also none of the immediate heirs to the throne travel together in any kind of transport, in case of crash or kidnap, i.e the Queen and Charles...Charles and William or the Queen and William.

i grew up with a kid with no belly button. For real. When he was born his guts were hanging out so they sowed him up and there is nothing close to a belly button there. just a scar that looks like a butt.

Latest posts