''True Grit'' without camparin'

Help Support CattleToday:

I think Jeff is a good pick. Though I wouldn't have picked him to start with. Now that I have seen the trailers he does a good job. Hard to replace the Duke no matter who you pick. Would be interesting to see Robert Duvall as Rooster, or at least in the movie.

Well if it were not for hollywoood recyles we would not have but half the westerns we have today.

How many times has Wyatt Earp been done?

I plan on watching it and trying not to compare.

When John voight replaced Tommy Lee Jones in the next iteration of Lonesome Dove I could not stand it. Just watched it a gain a few weeks ago and he actually did not do too badly.

John Wayne and James Arness both did Red River and I am not sure which I liked better.

new version of 3:10 to Yuma was a little over the top on the gun play and action scenes but the characterizations were about as good.

Can think of several others i would rather see play Rooster before Duvall.
I never though much of Glen Campbell in the original, but I still liked the movie.

Robert played Ned Pepper in the original movie. probably would'nt have worked for us who watched it ............several times :cowboy:

until Lonesome Dove Duvall was more of a bad guy than the hero. he is a great character actor. His character today and in "His Trilogy" is not what I would picture as Rooster Cogburn.

John Wayne actually lightened up the Rooster Character a bit from the original writing.

i have heard that Bridges actually toughens him back up some. or should say makes him a bit darker in character. A little harder edge so to speak. i look forward to it.

ALACOWMAN":22p1b3gt said:
Robert played Ned Pepper in the original movie. probably would'nt have worked for us who watched it ............several times :cowboy:
I thought this thread was "without comparin' " ;-)

Isomade":11va25ia said:
ALACOWMAN":11va25ia said:
I thought this thread was "without comparin' " ;-)
well i like Robert ..he'd no doubt do great but Tommy lee Jones would be my pick as rooster :cowboy:

pdfangus":37fi83hq said:
My first thought was Sam Elliot but I have not seen him in a while.
He was in a Hallmark movie last weekend. One of dem wimmens shows. Wouldn't mind seeing Costner either...

Latest posts