True Grit in the Great White North

Help Support CattleToday:

artesianspringsfarm

Reaction score
My family had the delight of welcoming CT's own True/High Grit to the farm today. It was a real good time and I enjoyed really getting to know Vince and his wife. The farm tour was punctuated by brisk wind and heavy snow but he was a trooper and pitched in trying to help us separate out a calf. It's always neat to put faces to names and this one was no exception.

callmefence":xb4rajv5 said:
I've never seen that much snow in my life. Not even a fraction of it.
Great hat you got there grit... ;-)

It's just another reason black is better. I wouldnt be able to see a charolais 6 months out of the year! :lol:

Those hats the women's rights rally goers were wearing the other week? Looks like Grit got one of those.

ga.prime":kjs6xwe7 said:
Those hats the women's rights rally goers were wearing the other week? Looks like Grit got one of those.

To be fair, he had a heck of a nice cowboy hat but it wasnt going to survive the weather we were dealing with. I didn't pick the nicest day to give someone a tour of the place, let alone a southerner. He was a real trooper.

That looks cold...but at least you were not under tornado warnings! Last time we saw TG and his sweet wife we had storms all around us. But we still managed to look at cows they are troopers for sure.

Gizmom

We had a great time and truly enjoyed ourselves. I've seen snow before but nothing like this. Talking about cows working for you, these girls are the real deal. No barn, No feed, only hay and water. I seen it but I still can't believe it. And the grass fed beef I ate was excellent with no gamey taste and very tender. I was very surprised because the beef had little to no marble. It must be the different grass up here, or maybe the cook. IDK
Artesianspringsfarm is truly blessed, he has a beautiful place and a great family. Thanks again.

True Grit Farms":1wty9dl8 said:
We had a great time and truly enjoyed ourselves. I've seen snow before but nothing like this. Talking about cows working for you, these girls are the real deal. No barn, No feed, only hay and water. I seen it but I still can't believe it. And the grass fed beef I ate was excellent with no gamey taste and very tender. I was very surprised because the beef had little to no marble. It must be the different grass up here, or maybe the cook. IDK
Artesianspringsfarm is truly blessed, he has a beautiful place and a great family. Thanks again.

Wish I knew you were in the area, TG. We are less than 2 hours from Artesian. You sure picked a "great" time to visit! Heading back out now to plow the road......

Latest posts