True crime rate in your area

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I was wondering what the true crime rate was in my area if the people who committed crimes were actually forced to do their time rather than enjoying a revolving door policy. I'm thinking it is really really low. I got to wondering about this cause of the recent shooting we had in our county where a drug agent shot and wounded a "suspected meth manufacturer". What's odd about this is that even I knew the guy made meth and has been making it for some time, he was tried and convicted and sentenced two years ago after he blew up his house making it. What I didn't know was that he was released from prison early and was serving as a drug counselor for drug addicts under some program. Apparantly, drug agents had been watching him and they approached him at his lab and he tried to run over an officer with his vehicle and the officer shot him. He was sent to the hospital and will be ok but is now facing charges for manufacturing and distribution. This don't make sense to me but for some strange reason I feel more comfortable knowing our crime rate seems to be inflated by those repeat offenders and not from a huge number of unknown villians.

Is it this way in your area?

A freind of mine is a judge in our county and he says 90% of the crime is committed by the same 2% of our citizens

I have a neighbor who has been in and out of prison and no matter when he gets out you can bet that withing 6 months he will be back in for doing something else

you read the local paper and it seems like it is the same names in it every week going to court or getting caught doing something

It's the same ones over and over again everywhere. You have a "criminal population", just like you have a church going crowd. You can expect the criminals to do the crime, and the church goers to be going to church.

Nothing changes from area to area.

grannysoo":3mpw6nxd said:
It's the same ones over and over again everywhere. You have a "criminal population", just like you have a church going crowd. You can expect the criminals to do the crime, and the church goers to be going to church.

exactly and even when you go to church there are several there that want to rob ya
Church the only place you can get robbed and an Amen brother while it is happening

Normally the crime rate in the little town we live by is low. Only 1 cop on duty at a time, and a lot times nobody on duty but on call. But this week there were 2 weird incidents. A couple had set up housekeeping in a camper in a little junkyard a couple miles from our place. I never noticed that they were there, but it's all grown up and a lot of trees. Apparently somebody came into the junkyard and the guy in the camper shot at him. So the Sheriff was called (outside city limits), and when the first deputy showed up, he was shot at too. The guy got away but they know who it is. They arrested his wife/girlfriend. We knew this guy years ago. Always a no'er do well, but friendly to talk to and we never worried he would steal from us. Maybe he's got onto meth or something, but this incident seems really out of character.

The other one, a guy we have known as an acquaintance for years and never seen him act drunk, was wasted out of his mind. Hubby found him beside his pickup up the road from our house. Tried to give him a ride home but he wouldn't get in. He ended up putting his truck in a creek.

Maybe it was the full moon??

I'm glad its that way where you live too. News media would have us cowering in our closets but it seems its a lot safer than they would have us believe. In my area, we haven't had a killing in several years. Least one that anyone knows about. :lol2:

I think it's like that eveywhere, I know it is here, just a revolving door system of justice. I think a return of public hangings would help.

Larry

Angus Cowman":17wbf9vw said:
grannysoo":17wbf9vw said:

exactly and even when you go to church there are several there that want to rob ya
Church the only place you can get robbed and an Amen brother while it is happening
Angus, I didn't know you went to church down here.

The tv newscast we get is out of Kansas City, and good grief, it makes it sound like you need a bulletproof vest to cross the city limits. There have been a bunch of incidents lately of spraying gunfire around and hitting innocent bystanders, including a 2 yr old child.

MO_cows":94ym6dyu said:
The tv newscast we get is out of Kansas City, and good grief, it makes it sound like you need a bulletproof vest to cross the city limits. There have been a bunch of incidents lately of spraying gunfire around and hitting innocent bystanders, including a 2 yr old child.
I remember I think it was in 2002 I was working just North of KC and it was Sept. and they broke the record for murders for the yr I think it was 86 and within a week there was close to 100 murders I was there for over a yr and I sure was glad when that Job was over

Angus Cowman":3sals3r9 said:
MO_cows":3sals3r9 said:
I remember I think it was in 2002 I was working just North of KC and it was Sept. and they broke the record for murders for the yr I think it was 86 and within a week there was close to 100 murders I was there for over a yr and I sure was glad when that Job was over

You didn't happen to be the tail-gunner on the beer truck were you? :lol2:

Why so many murders? Gangs?

Jogeephus":3va7bb0z said:
Angus Cowman":3va7bb0z said:

Naw I was building them a new $hit plant

Gangs and drugs and just stupid a$$ people

Kansas City and St Louis are pretty much the $hit Holes of Missouri probably much like Atlanta is in Georgia

grannysoo":3nq24bjl said:

HUMMMMMM---That's what I was going to say !!!! :tiphat:

Angus Cowman":3bkui4vh said:
Jogeephus":3bkui4vh said:
Angus Cowman":3bkui4vh said:

Naw I was building them a new $hit plant

Gangs and drugs and just stupid a$$ people

Kansas City and St Louis are pretty much the $hit Holes of Missouri probably much like Atlanta is in Georgia
Memphis and Little Rock are the same way.

I think anywhere in the south along the Mississippi river valley that you find a lot of China-man stores, cotton gins and basketball goals the crime rate will be high.

You mud puppies would act right we might let you move to the hills. Pretty much pure hillbilly up in here. You won't here much rap music.

Red Bull Breeder":2d439okq said:
You mud puppies would act right we might let you move to the hills. Pretty much pure hillbilly up in here. You won't here much rap music.
I wouldn't know what to do in all those rocks and not a piece of flat ground for miles. Also would be lost without the mosquitoes and everything else down here.

Friend of mine from Parkdale Ark. was up a year or so back and thought he had found the end of the world.When got to the top of the mountian coming to the farm he got scared of heights said the tallest hill he was ever on was the top of a levy.

Red Bull Breeder":1mlch1md said:
Friend of mine from Parkdale Ark. was up a year or so back and thought he had found the end of the world.When got to the top of the mountian coming to the farm he got scared of heights said the tallest hill he was ever on was the top of a levy.
The levy is mostly the tallest but we do have Crowley's Ridge so it is a small area with hills. My house is at a brake in the ridge where it just kinda peters out and the elevation here is 235', lot of the bottom ground in this area is 185' to 190'. So its not very high here.

Latest posts