Truck??

Help Support CattleToday:

Ellie May

Reaction score
Howdy,
I have a similar question compared to Jake the only thing is. What would you reccomend for a 16 girl to drive? I'm looking toward a Doge or Chevy, maybe Ford. I'm not much on brands as long as its Markin' (American). Lookin' for any imput.
Ellie May

Are any of those actually made in the US anymore? My '04 Dodge dually was made in Mexico.. I'm not sure about the F250, but I'm thinking it was made in Canada.

The little Ford Rangers are really popular with younger folks around here. Reasonably priced as well. Once you get into the full sized trucks, the price seems to skyrocket.

TheBullLady":2svlshxd said:
Are any of those actually made in the US anymore? My '04 Dodge dually was made in Mexico.. I'm not sure about the F250, but I'm thinking it was made in Canada.

My F350 was made in Canada as well.

I dunno wasn't really concerned about price just lookin for a good sized truck. I just like hearin other peoples opinions and looking at trucks.
Ellie May

well if your not concerned about price. Get a new f-250 Superduty ext. cab diesel! that is a truck right there! but a good F-150 from the 2000 makes would be a good buy too.

The F150 is made in the U.S. or at least most of them are. So is the Ranger. Many Chevy pickups are Canadian made as I recall. Rangers are tough little trucks; I have 194,000 on mine. I don't have a real big problem with Canadian made vehicles. That is where my Mercury was made.

Ellie May":wy7c66vj said:
wasn't really concerned about price Ellie May

If you've got the money to not be concerned about price, how do you feel about adopting me - mom

dun

All Ford F-Series are made in the USA. Currently Ford has no truck plants in Canada (maybe Ranger, but I dont consider those trucks). F-150s are assembled in Norfolk, Virginia Dearborn, Michigan and Kansas City, Missouri. The Super Duty trucks (F-250 and F-350) are assembled in Louisville, Kentucky and somewhere in Texas. If I had a Chevy or Dodge, Id be pretty ashamed now, since even Toyotas will be built in Texas soon (building a plant in San Antonio). Too bad for all you "foreign" truck owners.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":25b9lbdz said:
All Ford F-Series are made in the USA. Currently Ford has no truck plants in Canada (maybe Ranger, but I dont consider those trucks). F-150s are assembled in Norfolk, Virginia Dearborn, Michigan and Kansas City, Missouri. The Super Duty trucks (F-250 and F-350) are assembled in Louisville, Kentucky and somewhere in Texas. If I had a Chevy or Dodge, Id be pretty ashamed now, since even Toyotas will be built in Texas soon (building a plant in San Antonio). Too bad for all you "foreign" truck owners.
Rangers are made in the U.S., and Ford makes the Mazda pickup on the same assembly line. Mazda pickups are simply rebadged Rangers with slightly different grilles etc.
Ranger's not a truck? I've hauled round bales, over a half ton of gravel, half ton of feed, twenty+ square bales, towed small stock trailers, and hauled cabinets etc. Try that in a car!

My Dad had a 1977 Ford crew cab that was made in Canada, but most of the later models I've seen were USA.

I own a Dodge and am not a bit ashamed :D

Dodge 3500 SLT
5.9 Cummins Turbo Diesel
4x4, Quad Cab, Short bed.

It gets me where I want to go comfortably and will pull anything I put behind it. Plus, you just can't beat the sound of a Cummins! :D

The 6.0 powerstroke in 2005 f-250 4-door is the way you need to go. I have construction trucks wwith the powerstrokes that have over 300,000 miles on them with very little problems.

I have a F-250 super duty. It will get stuck on wet grass. It is the worst truck I have ever owned for riding through the mud.
I always felt like kids should get something that gets good gas mileage , doesnt go to fast and is really safe.