Truck Shopping

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":2xxcmzb7 said:
littletom":2xxcmzb7 said:
I'm keeping my 7.3 and 06 dmax till they are dead and ready for fence row. Then I hope the next ones are good as them!

I blew two 7.3 power strokes up at 315k and 340k miles. So far my son's 06 LBZ has only needed 5 injectors, 3 hubs, a power steering pump, and a dozen u-joints, and all new steering components, ball joints - tie rods. The truck has only a 150k miles on it. But we pull a backhoe, dozer and 18k boat quite often with it. I was happy with the Fords, not so much with the Chevrolet.
I'm at 250 and 215 miles waterpumps seem to be the common problem.And the power steering pump chevy. And the front end in the ford always something. The chevy pulls 22k of tobacco twice a week 3 months out of year. The rest just regular farm stuff. Been happy with both so far. They die this year still been damn good trucks!

I bought my F150 XLT Supercrew 4x4 7 months ago, with Max tow and 3.5 dual turbo. Thing is awesome, tows my skid loader no problem, but gets 21 mpg on the highway. Paid $42k... You don't have to spend 60 and it's fairly well loaded.

We have a lot of estate auctions in this area. Quite a few have two or three pickups on them - -usually one or two half tons and a low mileage 3/4 ton. Often a 15 to 20 year old truck with 50 to 120K on it. An upcoming sale has a clean 97 Ford 250 reg cab w/ 7.3 and 118K miles.
How would you put a value on a rig like that? They seem to sell well above blue book.