Truck prices

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a price on a new diesal lately? What does an F-250 cost these days? I am wondering if I can afford to buy one yet.

A month or so ago the local dealer had a sale on trucks. A F250 that listed for 51K was on sale for 29K. Turns out that a new F250 superduty equiped exactly like my 2000 could be bought for about 5K less then the msrp on my truck 8 years ago. I still have the original window tag so was able to compare. The last add I saw said make offer instead of listing a price on all of their new vehicles

dun":1ttih5wr said:
A F250 that listed for 51K was on sale for 29K. Turns out that a new F250 superduty equiped exactly like my 2000 could be bought for about 5K less then the msrp on my truck 8 years ago. I still have the original window tag so was able to compare. The last add I saw said make offer instead of listing a price on all of their new vehicles

Wow, the dealers must really be getting hungry, if they get bailed out (another subject) bet the prices go up. :???:

dirtdoctor":1crm0nkg said:
dun":1crm0nkg said:
A F250 that listed for 51K was on sale for 29K. Turns out that a new F250 superduty equiped exactly like my 2000 could be bought for about 5K less then the msrp on my truck 8 years ago. I still have the original window tag so was able to compare. The last add I saw said make offer instead of listing a price on all of their new vehicles

Wow, the dealers must really be getting hungry, if they get bailed out (another subject) bet the prices go up. :???:
I have heard that if the government steps in that they may be forced to liquidate the inventory to come up with as much cash as possible. In that case the prices may get cheaper.

There will still be at least one stumbling block and that's putting money in people's pockets to be able to buy vehicles.I think we're beating a dead Hog.

I got into some heavy duty reading on the so called bailout and it sounds like there not going to be able to just ship the "super duty's" all around the country. They will be shipped as needed but that's not 5 of each model on every lot. This will do one of two things. One make more people want them because there not around as much and this will drive production. Two it will cause the auto makers to lower the amount of available models on the market.

The one thing you need to remember with buying anything when the market is down that the quality has also gone down to keep the cost down. Because quality has gone down all companies are going to be hurting when there stuff start breaking down. This will drive the prices up in a poor economy to be able to cover there warranties cost. The defects I'm predicting were starting to be built late October so they will be in on the market for middle of the first quarter vehicles. The quality is not going to get better until they start making money and then there's the lag till the quality tightens up. There will be a wave of quality for years that we will all be dealing with…

Was talking to a building contractor yesterday and he had a 2008 Ford one ton with the 6.4 deisel. He was totally disgusted with the fuel milage. Said he wished he'd never traded his 2005 6 L Ford!
I've heard the same thing about the Dodge 6.7? The local battery operator is trying to find a 5.9 truck to replace his 2007 6.7.
I have a 1996 Ford one ton with the 7.3 powerstroke. This truck is pretty well wore out although the engine is still good. I will not buy a Ford or Dodge...with the 6.4 or 6.7! I hope I can find a newer Ford 550 with a 7.3 in it or a Dodge with a 5.9? The trouble is usually around here that means a used oilfield truck...and most of them have had a very rough life!

Alberta farmer":1eov4nok said:
Was talking to a building contractor yesterday and he had a 2008 Ford one ton with the 6.4 deisel. He was totally disgusted with the fuel milage. Said he wished he'd never traded his 2005 6 L Ford!
I've heard the same thing about the Dodge 6.7? The local battery operator is trying to find a 5.9 truck to replace his 2007 6.7.
I have a 1996 Ford one ton with the 7.3 powerstroke. This truck is pretty well wore out although the engine is still good. I will not buy a Ford or Dodge...with the 6.4 or 6.7! I hope I can find a newer Ford 550 with a 7.3 in it or a Dodge with a 5.9? The trouble is usually around here that means a used oilfield truck...and most of them have had a very rough life!

The 6.4 and 6.0 were both disappointments. Keep your 7.3 and throw it into a newer body style..say '06. If your looking for a good truck and don't mind to travel, join www.ford-trucks.com and you should be able to track one down. I run a '95 7.3 and all I can say is...they don't make 'em like that anymore. The 6.7 Cummins is also a disappointment. The emissions regulations are going to kill diesels, so hold onto your old motors and rebuild them. I think your going to eventually see a surge in transport companies ripping out new semi motors and throwing in old dependable rebuilt CAT motors, which will cease to exist after next year as CAT can't make the emissions standards.

I just bought a 08 Nissan Titan with 18000 miles, heavy half, extended cab, four wheel drive, with a 338 V-8 for $16000 before taxes. No money down and payments of $315/month. This was $4000 cheaper then my Dodge I bought 11 years ago brand new and the manufacter is not getting a bail out or on the verge of going bankrupt and so no worries on m y warrenty. What a nice truck, 18 inch wheels and goes through the snow great. I am getting a lot of flack from my friends for having a foreign truck, I looked them up and turns out the engine and truck are all American made in right to work states. Here in Michigan you always have to be on the look out for the UAW thugs coming around and threatening and intimidating you but lucky for me I don't scare easy and always have a loaded .357 in the cab.

Them Titans is a pretty good little run around truck. Brother has one thats a couple of years old it has been dependable.To light for heavy work, but handles light work just fine.

Well that is good to hear, I never heard of a Titan until I saw this one. I plan on using for the light stuff and hauling alot of wagons. I was looking for a 3/4 ton but for that price there is pleanty of stuff I can make a 1/2 ton do.

hayray":pqrn9r1d said:
I just bought a 08 Nissan Titan with 18000 miles, heavy half, extended cab, four wheel drive, with a 338 V-8 for $16000 before taxes. No money down and payments of $315/month. This was $4000 cheaper then my Dodge I bought 11 years ago brand new and the manufacter is not getting a bail out or on the verge of going bankrupt and so no worries on m y warrenty. What a nice truck, 18 inch wheels and goes through the snow great. I am getting a lot of flack from my friends for having a foreign truck, I looked them up and turns out the engine and truck are all American made in right to work states. Here in Michigan you always have to be on the look out for the UAW thugs coming around and threatening and intimidating you but lucky for me I don't scare easy and always have a loaded .357 in the cab.

I'm near positive that I read that Chrysler will be making Nissan's full size trucks in the future. Have you read or heard this?

Cowdirt":11t20oxc said:
I'm near positive that I read that Chrysler will be making Nissan's full size trucks in the future. Have you read or heard this?

I've been hearing it already started but did not read it for sure yet.

mobgrazer":2b4nkao1 said:
Cowdirt":2b4nkao1 said:

I've been hearing it already started but did not read it for sure yet.

b/c ford is taking the cummins back.

Latest posts