Truck or car colors

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
Several car companies are making a charcoal gray vehicle that blends in with the pavement perfectly.

People driving these cars should seriously turn on their headlights.

People driving these cars at 6:15 a.m. with no lights are likely suicidal.

Yea and something else I've noticed mainly in parking lots...you can't really see the turn signal lamps on some imports

I see lots of folks driving w no headlights on in town at night ;(

My last truck was this color and I had several accidents even with the lights on. One day I was driving home, at 5:20 sun was up, with them off b/c I forgot. I had a guy turn in front of me closely, so I turned on my lights b/c I thought he missed me b/c of the color. He pretended to shoot me. I love people.

M-5":2p61ow8g said:
I assume this PSA was either a close call or you ran over one

People that almost run over them are probably driving with their head up their a_ _ . Many years ago when I was must more "wild" I did find myself driving down a railroad track one night. Luckily it was not time for the train. Need to paint those trains some glow in the dark color.

M-5":1eeqa98v said:
I assume this PSA was either a close call or you ran over one

In the other lane. Coming in my direction. I never saw it until the very last minute. "Dang! That was a car!"

No near miss or anything for me. Someone is likely to pull out in front of him/her. I might get one of those little orange flags they used to put on tricycles and zip tie it to the bumper if I knew where they lived.

Aaron":45ekf4ez said:
I'll admit, one thing that Canada has done right versus the US is daytime running lights.
You mean so people can drive at night with dim highbeams shining in your eyes.. cuz they're too dumb to turn on headlights, and too dumb to turn off high beams when they do figure it out... Would be a good idea to have the tail lights on the DRL circuit too

speaking of high beams..

whats up with people just leaving the high beams on all the time? I have my hand on the 'brights' lever the entire time i drive at night because i have to bright nearly 80% of the cars on the road.

especially those newer models with the high intensity blue lights. they can see like daylight with the low beams on but no no.. they need the high beams on..

ddd75":34uo7e2u said:
speaking of high beams..

whats up with people just leaving the high beams on all the time? I have my hand on the 'brights' lever the entire time i drive at night because i have to bright nearly 80% of the cars on the road.

especially those newer models with the high intensity blue lights. they can see like daylight with the low beams on but no no.. they need the high beams on..

I don't know about other places, but don't remember dimming headlights being mentioned in drivers handbook here. Not sure that it is law here or just more of a courtesy. Of course flashing headlights to other drivers to warn of the cop at the next bend in the corner wasn't mentioned either. :D

That color must not be popular in my area yet. I never thought about a vehicle being practically invisible due to its color.

Aaron":3ph4qjk1 said:
I'll admit, one thing that Canada has done right versus the US is daytime running lights.
Aaron the automakers have been trying to get gov't to make daytime running lights mandatory for almost 30 years and just can't get any cooperation. Guess some think it infringes on their rights.

I always drive with my headlights on, except in bright sunlight, because the brightness makes it difficult to see brake/turn signalsl.

Can you see Camo vehicles better?

hiding-truck.jpg

Been quite a few years ago but it stands out in my mind still, was in the local feed store one morning and an older like feller comes in fussin up a storm about silver or grey colored vehicles. He was saying it shouldn't be legal to paint them those colors because certain times of day they couldn't be seen. He had just had a close call involving one.

one of my friends said way back in the day, in driver training they said "The guy you blind with your headlights might be the one that kills you"... but that's not politically correct or something anymore and they don't say that

I wanted people to see me while I was driving so I went with Victory Red, since hazard orange wasn't an option. :lol:

27926658994_a1202b6b7b_h.jpg

sim.-ang.king":2iym9uir said:
I wanted people to see me while I was driving so I went with Victory Red, since hazard orange wasn't an option.

That is much more visible than the pavement colored trucks.

Latest posts