Truck Flatbed MFG. recommendation?

Help Support CattleToday:

saltbranch

Reaction score
I am interested in putting a single wheel flatbed on my F-250. I am looking for brand names to check on. I have experience with CM and DUTEC. I am looking for a steel flatbed and I prefer the non skirted, I had rather just have toolbox's under it and no skirting.
Thx

saltbranch":1le6irf0 said:
I am interested in putting a single wheel flatbed on my F-250. I am looking for brand names to check on. I have experience with CM and DUTEC. I am looking for a steel flatbed and I prefer the non skirted, I had rather just have toolbox's under it and no skirting.
Thx
I've got a dutec on my 96 and it's holding up well, I didn't even know they made them any more. I've had cm and ji as well, I would go with the cm due to the paint holding up better than the j+I. Just comes down to personal preference and price.

I have been toying with the idea of putting a flatbed on my 07 Chevrolet 3/4 ton. My bed is spotless, I wonder what it's worth? If I do, I'd get a CM.

Bigfoot":2c4fashe said:
I have been toying with the idea of putting a flatbed on my 07 Chevrolet 3/4 ton. My bed is spotless, I wonder what it's worth? If I do, I'd get a CM.

I'm 2005 I bought a new 3500 and a demo 2500. No can and chassis available
We put flatbeds on both. my wife ( the brains)
Called every shop within a 100 miles. We sold em quick to the high offer of 2400.00 for both.
Might could have gotten more. But they came and got em. I was tickled

saltbranch":3cg26vms said:
Thx

Got a pretty cool one I can't remember brand.
Made in Clovis new Mexico. It's skirted .
It's on a 01 f250. Fixing to part with it

callmefence":jtv4nnr3 said:
Bigfoot":jtv4nnr3 said:

Called every shop within a 100 miles. We sold em quick to the high offer of 2400.00 for both.

I just want a basic flatbed, with no boxes. I'm hoping my bed is worth as much as the one I want.

Bigfoot":178yfdb0 said:
callmefence":178yfdb0 said:
Bigfoot":178yfdb0 said:

I just want a basic flatbed, with no boxes. I'm hoping my bed is worth as much as the one I want.
I think getting half the price of a flatbed for your pickup bed would be doing pretty fair.

RanchMan90":2fskixuw said:
Bigfoot":2fskixuw said:
callmefence":2fskixuw said:

I think getting half the price of a flatbed for your pickup bed would be doing pretty fair.

The only shop in town wants $2650 for the bed. Supposed to include everything. $100 to take mine off, and are offering $700 for my bed. I called one body shop, and they also offered $700. I think I could do better on both ends, just nobody here to price either.

Bigfoot":2gfuevr9 said:
RanchMan90":2gfuevr9 said:
Bigfoot":2gfuevr9 said:

The only shop in town wants $2650 for the bed. Supposed to include everything. $100 to take mine off, and are offering $700 for my bed. I called one body shop, and they also offered $700. I think I could do better on both ends, just nobody here to price either.
$700 sounds fair for your bed. The basic cm is $1400 here, but I am close to the manufacturer.

Bigfoot":1ymgmbth said:
RanchMan90":1ymgmbth said:
Bigfoot":1ymgmbth said:

That sounds reasonable to me.
I would not consider having a work truck that didn't have a flat bed. After having about a dozen.
Don't put any lights on it that are not required by law. Lots of cops and state inspections , think if it's there it has to work.

If your going to get off the path avoid underbed tool boxes. I've never had one I didn't end up cutting off.

Make sure a good job is done on all wiring. This always seems to be a problem.

callmefence":1gqm8jak said:
Bigfoot":1gqm8jak said:
RanchMan90":1gqm8jak said:

That sounds reasonable to me.
I would not consider having a work truck that didn't have a flat bed. After having about a dozen.
Don't put any lights on it that are not required by law. Lots of cops and state inspections , think if it's there it has to work.

If your going to get off the path avoid underbed tool boxes. I've never had one I didn't end up cutting off.

Make sure a good job is done on all wiring. This always seems to be a problem.

Thanks, I will use those suggestions. This truck has been my daily driver, I'd like to retire it to straight farm use. 206,000 miles. It's worth more to me, than it would be as a trade in. $2650 seems high compared to what I find online though. $900 is my current best offer on my truck bed.

callmefence":2fqflf0o said:
saltbranch":2fqflf0o said:
Thx

Got a pretty cool one I can't remember brand.
Made in Clovis new Mexico. It's skirted .
It's on a 01 f250. Fixing to part with it

is it for an 8' bed truck? Do you still have my cell#?

I like Bradford real well. That's what I want for mine.
However there's a CM dealer in Sikeston MO that will allow 1,700 on a bed off a new truck. Pull it off and put the new CM on. They are around 4,500 but that's the skirted one. Don't know what a plain one is.
I also have a real old gooseneck brand one that's plane in a work truck. Nothing at all wrong with that brand.

I built my own.. cost me $300 in steel for the frame.. I've contemplated putting an aluminum deck over it but since cattle prices fell... it ain't happening. I built mine to be as low as possible, and as light as possible using steel.. same weight as the dually box, same height, twice the space, 3 times stronger!

Nesikep":3bvnciwi said:
I built my own.. cost me $300 in steel for the frame.. I've contemplated putting an aluminum deck over it but since cattle prices fell... it ain't happening. I built mine to be as low as possible, and as light as possible using steel.. same weight as the dually box, same height, twice the space, 3 times stronger!

Nesi there is a real art in building things light yet strong. I really appreciate seeing things like that. Anyone can build things strong by adding more and more and heavier steel.

Ken

wbvs58":1zw6geii said:
Nesikep":1zw6geii said:

Nesi there is a real art in building things light yet strong. I really appreciate seeing things like that. Anyone can build things strong by adding more and more and heavier steel.

Ken

Nesi is innovative as they come. And a fine craftsman but I wouldnt even consider a aluminum bed. I use mine as a welding table , a anvil and sometimes a bulldozer of sorts.

I would only be adding an aluminum deck plate in 3/16th or so.. the rails, etc would stay in steel. Truck is light enough in the arse end as it is

Latest posts