Truck electrical

Help Support CattleToday:

NLCC

Reaction score
Would I damage my 89 ford trucks electrical system, electronics etc, If I unhooked the battery and hooked an 8000 volt hotwire from my fence to the truckbox.gas theives are ripping me off

NLCC":1frtq0vf said:
Would I damage my 89 ford trucks electrical system, electronics etc, If I unhooked the battery and hooked an 8000 volt hotwire from my fence to the truckbox.gas theives are ripping me off
I sure don't know if it would or not.....I backed into my hot fence one time and it killed my truck. I mean the engine died. After I got the wire and truck seperated, all was well again. But I think some well placed rifle or shotqun shots would do the trick........... :shock: :D

MPR well then I ,ll accidently park up against the fence :lol:

NLCC":fccb7qup said:

I've hooked it to my old 1981 IH dump truck many times. It's diesel and I didn't electrify it for fuel theives though. I just used it to block where I have some spring gates. I've also used the electric fence charger on the cattle trailer when I store feed in bags in it. It'll sure keep the coons out. I never unhooked the battery in the truck. Just used a spring gate to connect it to the hot fence.

Now if the fuel theives get a spark with the fuel flowing you may get them and your truck at the same time. If they're stealing it at night just put a strand of poly wire around it about 10 ft. out. You might hear them scream. :lol:

You could always take a 120vac line and attach the line to the truck, attach the neutral/ground to a piece of tin they would have to stand on to get to the tank. It will light up their world.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2sebqnji said:
Try a locking gas cap or put a hasp and lock on your fuel door. ;-)

Tried both they smashed/twisted it off

Motion activated game cams work well. I have one hidden in a tree, pointed down the driveway. Anyone who comes up gets their pic taken.

backhoeboogie":1q1yvqmy said:
Motion activated game cams work well. I have one hidden in a tree, pointed down the driveway. Anyone who comes up gets their pic taken.

Cost? do they come with nite vison?

For another cheaper approach there are small movement sensor/alarms from Tandy that go off when movement is detected and then reset after 30 seconds or so - making a loud noise usually makes em bolt .

They have an external speaker socket which can be used to activate a speaker or a recorder or anything else you want

Sensor activated lights are pretty cheap too

If you can afford the camera though , you can probably identify the culprits , most expensive but definately the best long term.

Latest posts