Truce................

Help Support CattleToday:

M Gravlee

Reaction score
I didn't mean to stir up everybody with the software change. I am putting the conversion of the last two boards on hold for at least 30 days. At that time I will ask everybody's opinion about which software they want.

Do me a favor. Please register. The new board is much better if you have registered. Make up an email address if you don't want to use your real one. Something like [email protected] It's only for sending you your password if you forget it anyway. For your location use USA or Mars or anything. That all the info it needs and no one will know anything at all about you. Check the "Log me in automatically" box and you won't have to login each time.

Thanks for your input!

:? how do you change the settings and make them stay? i want the messages from the last 2 weeks and newest first i have set the thing and when i come back it like it was before.
change is hard but i am willing to learn.

I fixed Eric's automatic login problem. It seems to work now.

arkie's problem is harder. It takes a software modification. You would also have to be logged in before it would work. I'll be glad to make the modification but think I'll wait until we decide which software to use. It's a great idea and something we would do if we use the new one.

the old software did all the things that these folks are having problems with. hmmmmmmmm

dun

I like the new software, I find it is easier to read the posts.
This is my first post...so I'll see how that goes. donna[/list]

I HATED the new version for a couple of days but now that i've tampered with it a little while and have it somewhat figured out i really like it. now all we need is a chatroom! ;-)

I'm starting to like this board also. It has allot of good stuff. Some fun options. There is one thing I have yet to figure out. I have a problem finding the new posts that I haven't read. Seems I spend allot of time re-reading, looking for the last post where I left off. I am a slow reader. Instead of 1/2 cup of coffee, I am now starting my second cup. All this coffee makes me a little bit jittery. I think the cows are a little jumpy around me too. Even the dog is starting to ride in the back now. Does anyone ells have this problem? With the new board that is! :? > PS. I do login.

Rod

I like the new format a lot now that I am getting more accustomed to it. When I get logged in I do a search for 'new messages since last visit' and then check the date and time stamp at the top to see if it is one I have already read or not. The only problem I've had with this is sometimes remembering when I last visited the board (There is also a reminder on the board for this - I just don't always remember to check for it.) My wife says it's part of my selective senility and hearing loss conditions! This process only works if I have time to read all the new posts every time I visit. If there was a poll today for the new or old format, I would vote new.

here's what i do (i'm sure it's probably not the best way & definitely not the only way, but it works for me). maybe you can try it.
after logging in, on the left side above the messages (below the tabs options), choose "Q&A Boards Forum Index". this will bring up the list of forums under the new design. the ones with a red folder out to the left of them have new posts. then click on the room with new posts that you want to visit. when that forum opens, there will be a new list of posts in that forum and again the new ones will have red folders to the left. you can either then click on the original topic & when it opens, scroll down to the bottom for the latest or over on the right side where it has latest reply, you can click on that little picture of a page. clear as mud yet? after reading that post instead of returning to the main page, at the top (below the tabs & above the messages) it will have something like Q&A Boards Forum Index>>Breeds Board>>New Topic, choose Breeds Board & it will take you back to check any new messages there. after reading all new posts, go back to the main Q&A Forum Index & see which other forum has new messages.

there is also an option on the right above the messages that says read all posts since last visit which i used when we first converted but i prefer to do it like i mentioned above.

hope that helps & if anyone has a better way or can explain it better please feel free to jump in.

Thanks guys for the reply's. My problem is keeping the reply's to the posts straight. I did say new posts, but I meant the reply's to the new posts. Sorry! > Txag, I followed your instructions and this distinguishes the red folders so I don't go back and re-open them. Thanks!

Rod

really really don't like new format, name e-mail even phone has shown up on various places( any body need 190xt valves) just not real comp savy and seems to take forever to figues out screens and options 40 yrs of practice reading and typing so I like having it all on one screen that I can scan and pick threads off of with a single mouse click

jls":36y3efsf said:
really really don't like new format, name e-mail even phone has shown up on various places( any body need 190xt valves) just not real comp savy and seems to take forever to figues out screens and options 40 yrs of practice reading and typing so I like having it all on one screen that I can scan and pick threads off of with a single mouse click

I like the new format and just registered. The registration process is very easy. One thing I like about it for sure is that you don't have to wait until you get an e-mail to get your password. Your password is whatever you type in on the registration screen. The reason I like that is because I have registered on boards in the past where I gave my home e-mail address. I then had to wait until I got home and could check that e-mail before I was able to get logged into the site.

MR3":1g2c36la said:
Thanks guys for the reply's. My problem is keeping the reply's to the posts straight. I did say new posts, but I meant the reply's to the new posts. Sorry! > Txag, I followed your instructions and this distinguishes the red folders so I don't go back and re-open them. Thanks!

Rod

I think it makes it easier to keep replys straight if you click on the quote button of the post you're replying to. Then the original post shows up above your response. Like this.

i like that you can edit posts.....i'm frequently correcting typos.

Latest posts