trout recipes?

Help Support CattleToday:

Muddy

Reaction score
Any good recipes for trout? I hooked a first trout last Friday and not sure what to cook it with?!

Leave the head on and the eyeballs intact, fry in butter and cover with a few toasted almond slivers. Like was said, simple is good.

I hope I won't burn my dinner this time as I'm not much a cooker. The trout is 16" without head....well I kinda of cut the head off before it went to the freezer.

Take a cedar plank and soak it in bourbon for 2 days. Put the trout on the plank and bake in a 250 degree oven for 30 minutes. Throw away the fish and eat the board.

....or save some time and a good board just drink the whiskey and throw away the fish.

3waycross":29v3lake said:
Take a cedar plank and soak it in bourbon for 2 days. Put the trout on the plank and bake in a 250 degree oven for 30 minutes. Throw away the fish and eat the board.

....or save some time and a good board just drink the whiskey and throw away the fish.
haha the classic fisherman joke! That recipe works on carps and dogfish just as good. ;-)

3waycross":32r927gl said:

I wonder if that'll work on gar and bowfin?

TN Cattle Man":3q3mls78 said:
For trout I would say that the simpler, the better. It's hard to beat straight corn meal and some hot grease!!

I agree. Salt, pepper, cornmeal, and hot grease is all you need. And then a little catsup, of course.

My all time favorite recipe for trout is to brine and smoke it. Trout is awesome when done this way but one fish is hardly worth the trouble. Leaving head on keeps it from drying out when cooking in butter. Good stuff. Just don't overcook it.

Latest posts