Trouble in paradise ?

Help Support CattleToday:

frenchie

Reaction score
R-CALF Directors throw out Kiker - other Directors and committee chairs rumored to have quit

Group Names New President

BILLINGS, MONT. (February 9, 2007) During a meeting Thursday evening, the R-CALF USA Board of Directors, by a majority vote, asked Vice President and Region VI Director Max Thornsberry to succeed Region V Director Chuck Kiker as president of the organization, effective immediately.

Thornsberry, a veterinarian, will continue in his roles as Region VI Director and chair of R-CALF USA's Animal Health Committee.

"All R-CALF USA officers serve at the pleasure of the board, and our bylaws allow that changes can be made at any time," Thornsberry said.

Board members are elected by R-CALF USA membership, and the organization's officers are appointed by the board. The directors have the right and authority to establish which board members become officers of R-CALF USA.

"No one has been removed as director – in any way, shape or form," Thornsberry emphasized. "All we've done is just change the leadership on the board. It happens all the time with boards of directors, and it does not imply that there's any disrespect or disregard for anyone. It's just a decision that the board made."

The board also voted during this meeting to aggressively pursue R-CALF USA's membership policies with regard to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA's) proposed rule to import Canadian cattle that are over 30 months of age, and to continue to address Canada's problems with bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE).

asked Vice President and Region VI Director Max Thornsberry to succeed Region V Director Chuck Kiker as president of the organization, effective immediately.

Thornsberry, a veterinarian, will continue in his roles as Region VI Director and chair of R-CALF USA's Animal Health Committee.

The board also voted during this meeting to aggressively pursue R-CALF USA's membership policies with regard to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA's) proposed rule to import Canadian cattle that are over 30 months of age, and to continue to address Canada's problems with bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE).

I am all for the change--Looks to me like they put the right person in the right place now to aggresively pursue this Border policy in front of USDA, Congress or the Courts.....Sometimes leadership changes have to be made to keep up with the changing issues......

Oldtimer":1mg01irv said:
asked Vice President and Region VI Director Max Thornsberry to succeed Region V Director Chuck Kiker as president of the organization, effective immediately.

I am all for the change--Looks to me like they put the right person in the right place now to aggresively pursue this Border policy in front of USDA, Congress or the Courts.....Sometimes leadership changes have to be made to keep up with the changing issues......

Yep both as smart as bag full of hammers... :lol:

Boy is this obvious, the group needs legitimatcy and getting someone who has an education from a university gives them some credibility. This is nothing more than a vailed attempt to gain respectability. But they will have to deal with the optics. When the sharks are circling the life raft what do they do, all paddle the same way or push someone overboard. It appears the later. way to stick together guys . how long until R-CALF splits into 2 groups who fight each other?

skcatlman":5y3w626b said:
Boy is this obvious, the group needs legitimatcy and getting someone who has an education from a university gives them some credibility. This is nothing more than a vailed attempt to gain respectability. But they will have to deal with the optics. When the sharks are circling the life raft what do they do, all paddle the same way or push someone overboard. It appears the later. way to stick together guys . how long until R-CALF splits into 2 groups who fight each other?

This was posted on Ranchers by the same person that posted that Kiker was out.
Just to clarify a few points as I have gotten them from the grapevine - credible sources but through the grapevine nonetheless

R-CALF President Chuck Kiker, R-CALF Director Jon Wooster and R-CALF Past President Leo McDonnell all quit the organization. They did not step down and bow out they quit completely. Also most all the committee chairs have also quit the organization. There was a power play by Bullard and it upset the apple cart.

If you thought R-CALF was radical with Kiker, hold on to your hats. Bullard, Thornsberry and Stevenson are nuts.

Dennis McDonald from Montana is a radical Democrat, but he stayed on the board and is hunting Bullard - last rumor has Bullard's salary at 159K. McDonald wants to cut it to 75K while they audit where the members and money has gone from the org. To me it looks like most went in Bullard pocket.
So your answer could be ANY DAY ;-) :lol:

If you look on the R-CALF web site they use to have a few committees Chairs listed now there is two Thornsberry with his profile page still under construction for BSE Committee and Stevenson as CO Chair of Marketing but no memtion of who his CO- Chair is. I know Brett DeBruycker was International Trade Committee Co-Chair but there is no memtion of a Trade committee or Brett . and I was just on the R-CALF profile web page today and see that Leo's name is no longer there. and there are three regional profiles missing those the use to belong to Kiker, Wooster and Dennis McDonald. They are under construction as of this morning as yesterday they were there as I read them. Looks like something is happening ;-)

Hi tam, i'm not suprized but a warning to OT ,beware of the ides of march. I first posted the concept months ago , and had no ideas that R-CALF would implode so quickly. Is it really true only 300 people showed up the the national R-CALF convention in denver? It was held during the NWSS, i have seen more people at a stall than that. It appears more and more that they are CLOWN SHOES! LOL LMAO LOL LOL LMAO LMAO

Well R-CALF appears to have been a cash cow for some. They appear to be dying a slow painful death. TOO bad. It seems the US is having a bit of trouble with the korean and japanese markets. Maybe the requirements should be followed, that just might help a bit.

Latest posts