Tropic breeds

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Does anyone have info on which breed of beef cattle would be best suited for tropical weather. I have an estate in Trinidad and would like to raise a herd that can survive the heat.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":1i9s9orn said:
: Does anyone have info on which breed of beef cattle would be best suited for tropical weather. I have an estate in Trinidad and would like to raise a herd that can survive the heat.<p>Beefmaster<br>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

I recommend a website to you from a ranch in Paraguay owned by the Joel Haddad family:www.quebracho.net

They have experimented with crossing several breeds with a Nelor based cow herd. The pure Nelor has problems of late maturing, and lack of "beefy" type body.But they have other excellent qualities that suit the tropical environment. I believe Joel has experimented with White Park, Charlois, and others. I believe his favorite may be the Murray Grey cross. They did some extensive AI work with Murray semen and have posted pictures of the calves that resulted.

Good luck!

http://www.quebracho.net
[email protected]

hey you must try the senepol breed its a bos taurus animal with bos indicus characteristics developed in the virgin islands very beefy and good heat tolarance....check it out i think you will like what you see

later

PNZMAN":kzs8ignt said:
hey you must try the senepol breed its a bos taurus animal with bos indicus characteristics developed in the virgin islands very beefy and good heat tolarance....check it out i think you will like what you see

later

for some strange reason I would guess that they have found their answer by now.... it's been 4 years...

Jake":xnvmh5e0 said:
for some strange reason I would guess that they have found their answer by now.... it's been 4 years...
For some strange reason, I have the same thoughts as you Jake.

that s funny as heck dude i did not even look at the date of that post lolololololol im crazy......

thats just toooo funny...

thanks fellas

later

if anything is posted by a guest or has a guest posting in it know that there is no point in posting on it because it's been finished for quite some time... anything more than a page back is no use in bringing up again... reading is still good but just leave it there don't bring it back to the top when it's that old.... just so you know for next time, take care

Latest posts