Trophy Bucks

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
Anne was asking about the Big Buck on the farm. I have not taken hunting serious since about 2000. But when I saw that Buck Friday, I got excited for the first time in over 10 years. I was a trophy hunter in the distant pass, now many of my trophies are actually setting on the floor in the garage.
Here is a moderate Mule deer I shot alone in the Salt River Range. I have been in some remote areas of Wyoming and Montana where a fall would have been my end or any other accident. In those days there was no way to communicate. I have always taken risks. It may get me some day!
2v0nbdc.jpg

Shot this elk north of Yellowstone. Late season hunt, -20 at night. Sleeping in a tent, no heat. I will never do that again!!!
2vu0fm1.jpg

My Inyati, One of two I have shot. This one in the Zambesi Valley. See how important it is now. On the floor!!!
2clyx4.jpg

My favorite African Bovine, Eland
wixans.jpg

Inyati, what is the best tasting animal IYO?? Always wanted to go hunting in Africa, and it's still on my bucket list.

highgrit":2a0d2val said:
Inyati, what is the best tasting animal IYO?? Always wanted to go hunting in Africa, and it's still on my bucket list.
Eland, no question. But so many of the african antelope are bovines not deer or elk family; they are more like beef.

inyati13":2o9rh5ju said:
Ouachita":2o9rh5ju said:
Nice. So how many memories did that one big buck trigger?

A bunch and more importantly, it provided the lure to get my nephew on the farm so I could see him.

This feeling I know well. I have had a daughter and son, along with their spouses and my grand kids today, and some extra kids just because it's hunting season. This has become a popular place. For some reason everybody wants to visit this time of year. I'm not complaining. My wife did remark that she's getting old. Apparently she has discovered house guest :cowboy:

Latest posts