Tripod didn't work and I was...

Help Support CattleToday:

Maybe we can all get together and give Macon a volume purchase if he will build all of us a 1 page site for a volume discount.
WIN WIN situation.
"Macon Gravelee the Walmart of Cattle Websites."
Hellloooo

Of course I will accept a small commission for the volume business.
Oh Well

most internet providers offer a free small website w/your service. you might want to check w/them. even if you really don't want a website, you can use it to store pics.

Network Solutions has a good package on domain name hosting and website development that user can develop a site "by the numbers". There are others out there too that offer very reasonable services. Personally, I'd stay from those "freebie" sites that have very limited capability and they often include banner advs and other pop-up irritations that detract from your own site.

Another provider is Vista.com.

With some of their proprietary providers you can get your own domain name hosting and up to a 5 page site for just a couple hundred dollars a year. Our own major site also has an E-commerce component with real-time credit card processing...we pay about $1200 to $1500 a year for it and I can change, update anything in real time 24/7. Our other site, it a little slower to make changes on but can still do it in real time.

While a quality Website is not any any way a guarantee that the business is also quality or legit, some viewers may be suspicious of a business that promotes its products and services via a "freebie" site.

Just some thoughts...

P.S.: I'd stay away from sites that you have to work through an independent "webmaster" since there can be significant delays in updating your site and, they always charge a fee (usually monthly) to "maintain" your site...

Running Arrow Bill":35a88k59 said:
Network Solutions has a good package on domain name hosting and website development that user can develop a site "by the numbers". There are others out there too that offer very reasonable services. Personally, I'd stay from those "freebie" sites that have very limited capability and they often include banner advs and other pop-up irritations that detract from your own site.

Another provider is Vista.com.

With some of their proprietary providers you can get your own domain name hosting and up to a 5 page site for just a couple hundred dollars a year. Our own major site also has an E-commerce component with real-time credit card processing...we pay about $1200 to $1500 a year for it and I can change, update anything in real time 24/7. Our other site, it a little slower to make changes on but can still do it in real time.

While a quality Website is not any any way a guarantee that the business is also quality or legit, some viewers may be suspicious of a business that promotes its products and services via a "freebie" site.

Just some thoughts...

P.S.: I'd stay away from sites that you have to work through an independent "webmaster" since there can be significant delays in updating your site and, they always charge a fee (usually monthly) to "maintain" your site...

our internet service is $9.95/month. with that we get a free website. at this price our site would go through them such as http://www.webserver/txag.com for example. we chose to register our own domain name so it costs us an extra $9.95/month. So for $19.90/month we get our own site http://www.txag.com (for example), ten free e-mails on that account and unlimited updates. i built our site myself so i pay no one for updates and can do them as often as i want, whenever i want. i used Microsoft Front Page to build it and then an ftp program to upload to the server. i can also link the pics from that site to this one w/no problem. i only set up tripod as a dummy account to hold a few pics to show here, which i have since found out wasn't a good idea since it doesn't work for that. tripod would work for anyone just wanting a small site at no cost. you can't link the pictures to this site but you could give your web address & anyone could go over there & look around.

txag":2qh99pah said:
most internet providers offer a free small website w/your service. you might want to check w/them. even if you really don't want a website, you can use it to store pics.

I'm working on my website, so I hope of not having the same kind of problems in the near future

Latest posts