Triple C

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady

Reaction score
For those of you that have interest in Simmental cattle, the owner of Triple C Simmentals in Wisconsin died unexpectedly a month or so ago, and they've just announced they're going to totally disperse the herd.

The sale in October 3rd, and they're selling 400 head. They are a highly respected breeder, and it will no doubt be a chance to get in on some incredible genetics! One of their donors is Hollywood Queen.

Big turnout. Announced they grossed $1,374,000 in livestock and embryos, semen wasn't included. Luckily for me everything I liked was well beyond my pocketbook. :D

Seemed to me that the bulls went pretty cheap, heifers and cows were up there though.

Yes, I was amazed at how low the proven herd bulls went when unproven 9 month olds were going for similar prices.

That's pretty typical with bulls.. especially weanling and young bulls. Most people don't want to buy a bull until he's old enough to be tested and used.

I think the sale went great, although the WEATHER could have been nicer! We did get to pick up a good bred heifer. What a shame to see a breeder like that disperse. They surely had a great herd! They'll be missed...

I talked to Sam on the phone a couple days ago and she was extremely happy with the results. She said they had 800 people there and sold 270 lots for an average of $5200.

Sam and Roger are now working with Damar Farms Red Angus. Damar will be big players in the Reds and also a few Simmis. Someone to watch.

I'm really glad they found somewhere.. they're good people. Although I'll miss them in our breed!

Where is Daman located?

TheBullLady":14408t69 said:
I'm really glad they found somewhere.. they're good people. Although I'll miss them in our breed!

Where is Daman located?

Damar is in the same general area. Can't think of the town right now.

by BRG on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:57 am

TheBullLady wrote:

Where is Daman located?

Are they in Minnesota or down by Menominee area?

blranch":na88nxgc said:
by BRG on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:57 am

TheBullLady wrote:

Where is Daman located?

Are they in Minnesota or down by Menominee area?

STRUM, WI

Latest posts