Tri-tip

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
i think it was on rfd tv an ag teacher was cooking tri-tip as a fund raiser and everyone bragged about how good it was but it didn't show much in the way of cooking.
i had never heard of tri-tip so i searched on line and some said it was great and other said it was best to grind into hamburger.

have you tried it and whats the best way to cook it ?
i was thinking kinda like a brisket

We eat a lot of tritip, excellent cut. We use a seasoning tht has a couple of general spices in it and rub both sides then stick it in a plastic bag for a couple ofh ours in the frig. I cook it for 1 hour over a medium heat on the grill turning it every 15 minutes. We use pan that's larger then the meat and set it below the gill and keep it full of water. Keeps the meat from drying out and keeps the fat from flairing up when it drips. It will finish at about medium to medium rare.
Don;t much care for brisket, too fatty for my taste.

Jim62":6chlj3n9 said:
Dun, didja know that brisket fat is good for ya?

Milk is supposedly good for you too but I find it digusting anyway.

dun":buukonoo said:
Jim62":buukonoo said:

Been weaned a long time ago?

Its funny how many dairy farmers or former dairy farmers don't drink milk. I love milk and will buy a pint of milk to drink over a bottle of Coke anyday of the week when on the road.

KNERSIE":1lkkx64h said:
dun":1lkkx64h said:
Jim62":1lkkx64h said:

Its funny how many dairy farmers or former dairy farmers don't drink milk. I love milk and will buy a pint of milk to drink over a bottle of Coke anyday of the week when on the road.

I haven;t drank milk in over 50 years!

KNERSIE":23e5smnq said:
dun":23e5smnq said:
Jim62":23e5smnq said:

Hard to beat a glass of fresh creamy milk right out of the milk tank on the dairy, about 37-38 degrees....lumps of butter in it. From there to the consumer it only gets watered down and warmed up.

Latest posts