trend chaser

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady":33rhd371 said:
In my opinion, you should raise what you ENJOY raising, and what you have a market for! If you're raising cattle for the auction barn, black is what sells.

If you have good cattle that will feed out and grade well, retain ownership! We've done that with our "earred" cattle over the years, and have always gotten a premium over what they would bring through the sale.

I don't agree that Angus cattle are the best cattle in the world.. but that organization has done some great marketing over the years!

AMEN

Oh just to add that for the first time on our farm we are running a straight Angus bull with our crossbred herd and it is yet to be seen if he will be good enough. But if he is'nt , it won't be the Angus but our choice of the right Angus, as with any other bull. So far we are liking the calves he has put on the ground, now if they grow as well as our Brangus ,I will be happy. He is an Emulation bull. I love to see a nice bull in any breed !!!

TheBullLady":752j1b89 said:
In my opinion, you should raise what you ENJOY raising, and what you have a market for! If you're raising cattle for the auction barn, black is what sells.

If you have good cattle that will feed out and grade well, retain ownership! We've done that with our "earred" cattle over the years, and have always gotten a premium over what they would bring through the sale.

I don't agree that Angus cattle are the best cattle in the world.. but that organization has done some great marketing over the years!

I ENJOY making money.

Latest posts