Trees and fence

Help Support CattleToday:

When I put all new fences on my place I had no realistic choice but to bulldoze. We had so many dead trees from the last drought. I still ride the fence weekly and after every storm, about once a year a live tree will still have a branch fall. Hate to cut oaks and pecans that still have life in them. Used the dozer to clear pastures while we had it there.

RanchMan90":18ucsnph said:
Looks good. The dozing was probably not cheap, but certainly worth it.
Thanks, your right, between dozing and fences I poured a lot of money into this place. The fences that were there were from the 1970's.

Sorry I've not been paying attention. I personally would have run 6 to 7 strands of good 14 gauge high tensile barbwire.

But it's done now and it will be easy to repair.
Just replace a damage panel.

RanchMan90":191302zk said:
M-5":191302zk said:
pricefarm":191302zk said:
That seems like a expensive fence. Those pannels are 20$ here.

that's what I was thinking , 5 strands of HT with springs would have been my choice and whole lot of spray to burn about 4' on each side
What kind of spray do you recommend for this application? That's my plan to keep this maintained
I used Eraser herbacide last year on my fence line. Worked pretty good. Got it at the feed store. Good thing is no mixing with diesel, you just mix with water. I sprayed the fenceline so the cows would stop busting the bottom wire trying to eat grass on the other side. It kills grass, weeds, small shrubs and small trees. I liked it for killing poison ivy. I have that stuff everywhere.