Treat ringworm with bleach

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
We got ringworm bad. Real bad. One vet said captan fungicide. Another told my buddy diluted bleach. Anyone use bleach. Easier to get and a lot cheaper. 30% diluted. The guy using bleach has national show cattle and he swears by it. Super high end brahma. Seems harsh but works. Idk. Input?

We use bleach to kill fungus on our horses transferred from saddle pads. Spray on let it sit for a few minutes and rinse. It definitely works. Cattle hide being a lot tougher than horses, I would think diluted it wouldn't need to be rinsed off.

She's the worst but I see it comin. Wet tall grass brought it outta the grnd spread by flies I'm told. She went from having bumps I thought wer fly bites Friday to that last nite. Moves em to a new pasture and 3 days later she looks like that

midTN_Brangusman":1lkkh7f9 said:
We use bleach to kill fungus on our horses transferred from saddle pads. Spray on let it sit for a few minutes and rinse. It definitely works. Cattle hide being a lot tougher than horses, I would think diluted it wouldn't need to be rinsed off.
The rain will wash off any. It's pouring everyday and calling for more this week and weekend.

so I checked my minerals and they are getting 70ppm of iodine. but I feed pure salt not salt with iodine. cold they not be getting enough

Latest posts