treat for lice?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Our cows are starting to get some lice and the only treatments that we have had success with over the years are the pour-ons like Cydectin. However, I know that we should wait until a certain date, because of the grubs in the esophogous area, to use pour ons. Does anyone know what is the safe date for using pour-ons in northern Indiana and southern Michigan?

In Canada, we use the cut off date of Dec. 1 and restart Mar. 31 for both species of warbles.

There are other products available for treatment of lice. Contact your local vet or feed store for info on what's legal in your area. Here we have to have pesticide licences to buy any...

Good Luck V

> In Canada, we use the cut off date
> of Dec. 1 and restart Mar. 31 for
> both species of warbles.

> There are other products available
> for treatment of lice. Contact
> your local vet or feed store for
> info on what's legal in your area.
> Here we have to have pesticide
> licences to buy any...

> Good Luck V My Cydectin Rep says there is no such thing as a grub in cattle anymore with the increased use of Ivermectin and their product etc.. Does any one see any?

[email protected]

> Our cows are starting to get some
> lice and the only treatments that
> we have had success with over the
> years are the pour-ons like
> Cydectin. However, I know that we
> should wait until a certain date,
> because of the grubs in the
> esophogous area, to use pour ons.
> Does anyone know what is the safe
> date for using pour-ons in
> northern Indiana and southern
> Michigan? Give them all a shot of ivermec it will take care of lice and worms in one shot.

[email protected]

Hello,

I am in Texas, and Grubs DO Exist, so your rep is full of poo! Lice can be treated with a pour on pesticide, Like Cylence, or any other pour on intended to treat biting and sucking lice, and flies.

Cylence is what I use in winter, and I treat 2X in a three week interval just to be sure I get them all. this is several weeks to a month or more after our Fall worming which also help reduce flies for a short time. We have had a hot wet fall so thereare still lots of bugs, but the lice love the cooler weather and will start popping up this month.

[email protected]

Latest posts