Travel discouraged to Tennessee ............

Help Support CattleToday:

I can only assume his weight and maybe diabetes played into not being able to fight off the virus. Pure speculation on my part. Being only 3 years younger than Joe makes me stop and think about how I need to be spending the next few weeks or so.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
I can only assume his weight and maybe diabetes played into not being able to fight off the virus. Pure speculation on my part. Being only 3 years younger than Joe makes me stop and think about how I need to be spending the next few weeks or so.

I am 5 years under and my respiratory system is not that great. I agree a few weeks changing ones lifestyle could be the difference between life and death.

jltrent said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

I am 5 years under and my respiratory system is not that great. I agree a few weeks changing ones lifestyle could be the difference between life and death.

I don't know whether or not I have "underlying" conditions and really don't want to take this occasion to find out.

I am 5 yrs older, 66, and it is scary to think that he was that much younger... and better off financially. I do not have any underlying problems luckily, although overweight, but not to where I look like you could roll me down the hill, I am trying to work on the weight. One of the reasons I am hoping the ankle replacement will allow me to get more mobile again and that will help. But we are trying to be careful of our movements and the "social distancing" although I am still doing some testing. We are considered an essential business....

kentuckyguy said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Andy Beshear is a jackazz.

I am in total agreement
He never saw a camera that he didn't like. I have mixed feelings about whether this is really serious or mostly overblown. Either way, Beshear is getting plenty of camera time..

TennesseeTuxedo said:
You need to be thinking seriously how you will spend the rest of your life too. When I was your current age, I thought I was still bullet proof and invisible and could jump the proverbial tall building in a single bound. 6 years later and with no warning or symptoms, I had gone thru a quad bypass and 3 months later was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My whole life changed at that point...not who or what I was, but how I lived my daily life.

greybeard said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
You need to be thinking seriously how you will spend the rest of your life too. When I was your current age, I thought I was still bullet proof and invisible and could jump the proverbial tall building in a single bound. 6 years later and with no warning or symptoms, I had gone thru a quad bypass and 3 months later was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My whole life changed at that point...not who or what I was, but how I lived my daily life.

Sage advice. Thank you.

greybeard said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

I know family genes plays a big role, probably 50%+, but is there anything one could do to maybe prolong the inevitable as I have listen to a lot of people say they wish they would have done this or that different. You gave some good advise how things change and every year older I notice...I enjoy your post, especially the medical as you stay on top of things. The screen devise inplant to limit clots (Watchman device) you wrote about really peaked my interest.

Just about everybody needs to drop a few pounds as I do.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Andy Beshear is a jackazz.

I'm not a political person, but he comes on tv every day and gives an update on the situation and takes questions. His demeanor seems like someone with some sense. He actually answers questions to the best of his ability; it's not like watching a debate where they talk for two minutes but never touch the actual question. I see other governors making comments on the news, and it reminds me of a Saturday Night Live skit. One Governor said he just learned that the virus could be spread by people not showing symptoms, and that was a game changer. Where's he been? Asleep? I keep waiting for one who will say he just learned of the virus today and is taking action. :roll:

Kudos to our governor Greg Abbott. I was not into him before but have a lot of respect on how he is keeping us up on the curve and not bull crapping us. Dan Patrick not much respect from me. He was nothing but a small time Russ Limbaugh before being elected.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
What "other" governor?

Just other random governors, but not all. I don't specifically recall their name or state, but I see snippets on the world news sometimes. I believe the one I mentioned was from Georgia.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Well you stay safe Hero. This virus is real and seems to prey somewhat on the sedentary

That's what I heard. I've tried to change my routine to add more activity since the virus. I now get up before noon, and I've stopped using the remote control so I can get in some brisk walks between the chair and tv. As I understand it, that still may not be quite enough. Any suggestion?

I permanently removed that state from my own long term travel itinerary in 1987. An agreement that probably pleased both parties..I know it did me. If God ever gives the world another enema, he'll stick the hose in Memphis.

Latest posts