Trapping pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

mncattle

Reaction score
Any of you guys do much trapping for extra income?

For fun I thought I might post some pictures of some trapping I have done.

A couple of big beaves one was 60lbs and the other65lbs
2beavers.jpg

One big beave 68lbs
bigbeaver.jpg

Truck load of beaves
truckbeavers.jpg

Nice catch! Looks like Spring is just around the corner in you're neck of the woods.

How do you set up your traps? We got some beavers down the road that are giving people trouble and flooding the woods out. If the woods stay flooded for long the law will deem them wetlands and then we got more problems than we can shake a stick at besides the fact that the timber will die. We need some trapping advice and it looks like you are the man! :nod:

I do some coyote trapping and quite a bit of coon trapping.

Jogeephus

I do alot of my beaver trapping through the ice which you probably dont have alot of down there. I use 330 conibear traps and if I were you I would set them on the dam cross overs or on the dam were the water is going over maybe even rip a little of the dam out so more water is flowing through it and set the trap there. I also like trapping at the houses they make. I set at the entrences but some places that is not legal.

Joee,
Put your sets on the slides or better yet shoot them if it is legal down there it is not here but I have heard that it is alot faster to shoot them in the water.

Yup Joe, tear a hole in their dam, they will all come to do repair at dusk. Pop em with that 222 or something similar. Up here beavers are very much unwanted, do all kinds of damage. We can legally kill them off by any means. Maybe not bombs. :oops:

mnmtranching":18um5jm9 said:
Yup Joe, tear a hole in their dam, they will all come to do repair at dusk. Pop em with that 222 or something similar. Up here beavers are very much unwanted, do all kinds of damage. We can legally kill them off by any means. Maybe not bombs. :oops:

After the last episode with some block dynamite and a little too much fertilizer I don't think I'll be doing this again anytime soon. I've tried trapping them but they must be pretty smart. I'll tear a hole in their dam and place some traps around the hole figuring they will get caught but they either miss the trap or they spring it somehow. The gators will get the little ones but they must breed like mice. I'll try your suggestion about tearing the hole and waiting for them with the rifle. I don't think this is illegal but if it is I'll try it anyway.

Latest posts