trapping armadillos

Help Support CattleToday:

ccr

ranch hand
Reaction score

armadillo has been tearing the yard up for a few days. we moved the trap over a hole he had dug under the air conditioner, and he walked right in last night. this cute little fella has now been relocated (re-homed).

guess they are good for grub control, but do too much damage to be welcome here. they dig holes that could do damage to a leg of a cow or horse and their holes at terraces cause erosion.

heard a story that went something like this: a guy shot at an armadillo and the bullet ricocheted off and hit a shed, then the bullet ricocheted off the shed and hit his trailer house going through the side of the trailer house and through the back of the chair where his mother in law was sitting. :eek:

No re-homing here! They've destroyed the majority of our yard (and I use that term loosely), all around the barnyard area and the former Bermuda field. Yup, .22. Bonus if they spring up and do a flip.

TCRanch said:
No re-homing here! They've destroyed the majority of our yard (and I use that term loosely), all around the barnyard area and the former Bermuda field. Yup, .22. Bonus if they spring up and do a flip.

So they died of lead poisoning?

Caustic Burno said:
Anything that eats yellow jackets is welcome here. Just spray the yard for grubs no armadillos.
Found that out last year. Grubs destroyed our lawn and dillers dug up what was left. Put out granules on the yard, got a good rain on it and no more grubs and no more dillers. Hardly any june bugs this year either

Yep,

You CAN "spray" for Armadillos with, ….

.22 cal lead.

Skunks dig up my yard to get to the Grubs. Armadillos are welcome any day around here over those stinky things. Armadillos are not native around here. You shoot one of these the smell will last for days....

Also possums dig around in my yard probably for the grubs and worms also..

Ooooh-That-Smell...-Must-Be-Skunk-Mating-Season_03-660x390.jpg

7uDKQlz.jpg