Transportin Livestock

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a question that so far no one has been able to answer, see if one of y'all can help me. My place is up in Wyoming, but some of the cattle that I want has to be brought from another state. The question is do I have to quarentine the cattle every time I cross a state line, or just have current shot records, or what. I don't want to pay $1700 for a bull just to have to pay more to get him to the ranch. I would aperciate any help that I could get on this subject. Thanks.

[email protected]

Easiest way to find out for sure is to contact your state agriculture department. Yhe requirements my vary from state to state depending on where it is coming from. You might also contact some of the large ranches in Wyoming, Buffalo Creek comes to mind but there are a lot more.

dunmovin farms

> I have a question that so far no
> one has been able to answer, see
> if one of y'all can help me. My
> place is up in Wyoming, but some
> of the cattle that I want has to
> be brought from another state. The
> question is do I have to
> quarentine the cattle every time I
> cross a state line, or just have
> current shot records, or what. I
> don't want to pay $1700 for a bull
> just to have to pay more to get
> him to the ranch. I would
> aperciate any help that I could
> get on this subject. Thanks.

>I rode to Montana with some show cattle from Ky. and we had no problems or even questions Owner had registration and vacination papers, I think they even had brucellosis tags in their ears but no one even looked. before I brought a bull home tho I would make sure he had shots and even isolate him for a couple of days I have a question that so far no
> one has been able to answer, see
> if one of y'all can help me. My
> place is up in Wyoming, but some
> of the cattle that I want has to
> be brought from another state. The
> question is do I have to
> quarentine the cattle every time I
> cross a state line, or just have
> current shot records, or what. I
> don't want to pay $1700 for a bull
> just to have to pay more to get
> him to the ranch. I would
> aperciate any help that I could
> get on this subject. Thanks.

[email protected]

A vet in the state of origin must issue a health certificate and meet all requirements mandated by the state of destination. The in-between states do not enter the picture. This is normally a sellers responsibility. You must have the health papers with you while transporting in case you are stopped in any of the states when you cross a stateline. Most states require the tests are done within 30 days of transport. The state of origin contacts (sends copies of the health papers or has to get a permit number) the new resident state. Each state has their own set of rules, but every vet receives a copy of all state rules from their in-state Ag & Mkt. (I believe that's where they get it) We purchase & sell across state lines all the time. If you are hauling your cattle to another state for a "sale", you have to have health papers that will satisfy ALL states but is specifically designated to go to the "sale" state. Then after the sale, if the animal is purchased by someone outside of the "sale" state, a vet at the sale has to fill out new health papers for the destination state. Hope this helps, Jeanne

> Easiest way to find out for sure
> is to contact your state
> agriculture department. Yhe
> requirements my vary from state to
> state depending on where it is
> coming from. You might also
> contact some of the large ranches
> in Wyoming, Buffalo Creek comes to
> mind but there are a lot more.

> dunmovin farms

[email protected]