transport

Help Support CattleToday:

allischalmers1984

Reaction score
do you think it would ok to haul a few baby calves in the back of the truck got bout 20 miles to drive and dont want to pull the trailer for two calves.

I have a sheep/goat cage that fits in the bed of our truck. I've hauled calves in it.

I would not haul them hog tied and laying in the bed just in case one gets loose. You don't want to stress baby calves anymore than necessary.

I have anold truck topper I occassionally put on the pickup for just such trips. Ain't no sense in pulling a trailer fo just a couple calves or goats or sheep, lol. I ain't very stylih, but it is a real handy tool when I need it.

We made a cage out of cattle panels for small calves and tie it down in the bed.

When I have to haul a newborn calf I put them in a jute bag that is just large enough. Leave the head out and thigten the openingside around the neck ( not to tight ofcource). Make sure the bag is not that big the calf can get up and walk a litle, and use a new bag so they can't put their legs thru the jute. Throw them in the back and drive.

DC

Latest posts