TransOva or conventional flush?

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
Has anyone used TransOva? What should I expect if I use then for an IVF flush? I have a few straws of Deadwood I want to use in a flush. I can get a conventional flush done locally for $700, each embroyo would be stored in it's own straw and graded. Opinions? Thanks.

Has anyone used TransOva? What should I expect if I use then for an IVF flush? I have a few straws of Deadwood I want to use in a flush. I can get a conventional flush done locally for $700, each embroyo would be stored in it's own straw and graded. Opinions? Thanks.
I have used TransOva, Boviteq, and Vittelle. TransOva & Boviteq use either conventional or IVF. Vittelle is only IVF. I have found that conventional embryos are "stickier" than IVF. Conventional flushes require more straws of semen and sexed semen if you are trying to create heifers, whereas IVF allows you to use 1 straw of semen (either sexed or reverse sorted) for the flush. Also, with IVF you don't have to use drugs, where with a conventional flush you have to use a progression of drugs. With IVF, you don't have to "set up" your donor before a flush and you can flush her every 2 weeks. Why did you choose Deadwood...just curious.

Where did you get the best results from? I was considering trying Boviteq. Thanks

I have used TransOva, Boviteq, and Vittelle. TransOva & Boviteq use either conventional or IVF. Vittelle is only IVF. I have found that conventional embryos are "stickier" than IVF. Conventional flushes require more straws of semen and sexed semen if you are trying to create heifers, whereas IVF allows you to use 1 straw of semen (either sexed or reverse sorted) for the flush. Also, with IVF you don't have to use drugs, where with a conventional flush you have to use a progression of drugs. With IVF, you don't have to "set up" your donor before a flush and you can flush her every 2 weeks. Why did you choose Deadwood...just curious.
D

I was able to get a cane of Deadwood. I think his offspring will be easy to sell or his Embroyos will be for a few more months. If I were making cows for myself to keep, I would be using Renown.