transmission trouble

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt

Reaction score
My friend has a 04 excursion with the 6.0 diesel. It has 110,000 miles. It doesn't want to go into drive or reverse from park. Sometimes shifts hard into gear and sometimes shifts normal. Once he gets it into drive its fine. Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks.

Walt

maybe just a bad linkage binding. Might also be the safety mechanism that prevents you from shifting into gear unless your foot is on the brake. On most vehicles, you can hear this little click around the shifter or transmission when you push the brake pedal.

dyates":1l4jcmrx said:
maybe just a bad linkage binding. Might also be the safety mechanism that prevents you from shifting into gear unless your foot is on the brake. On most vehicles, you can hear this little click around the shifter or transmission when you push the brake pedal.

I already passed that along. Thanks.

Walt

Txwalt":1aadgwp6 said:
My friend has a 04 excursion with the 6.0 diesel. It has 110,000 miles. It doesn't want to go into drive or reverse from park. Sometimes shifts hard into gear and sometimes shifts normal. Once he gets it into drive its fine. Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks.

Walt

When did he change the tranny fluid? Mercon breaks down and should be changed at least every 36,000 miles I prefer30,000.

Latest posts