Tranquilizer dart guns.

Help Support CattleToday:

Be aware that Xylazine (rompun) comes in different concentrations. 20 mg/ml as well as 100 mg/ml. One 5 times the concentration of the other. Be sure you know the concentration and the correct dosage. If I remember correctly, it affects the ability of the animal to control its body temperature. Using it in hot weather in an animal in the sun may result in unintended results. Position the animal so that saliva runs out of its mouth and not back into it lungs. Put a towel under its head so that the eye is not damaged. It is a restricted drug for a reason.

Thanks. I am/was a small animal vet/retired 10 .years now. I am a one man owner of a cattle farm...with help when needed. I need to castrate two bull calves. I cannot catch them at this point. Was wondering if a tranquillizer gun would be of help? Any other suggestions as how to get them into the shoot? Sorry-I took care of small animals. First time I have had this problem. Joe Sorry...I own no horses and my ability to catch one with a rope would be laughable.

Thanks. I am/was a small animal vet/retired 10 .years now. I am a one man owner of a cattle farm...with help when needed. I need to castrate two bull calves. I cannot catch them at this point. Was wondering if a tranquillizer gun would be of help? Any other suggestions as how to get them into the shoot? Sorry-I took care of small animals. First time I have had this problem. Joe Sorry...I own no horses and my ability to catch one with a rope would be laughable.
Where in Ga are you located?

Can they be lured into a pen or coral with food or water, if so that may work for you. Around me there are cowboys that you can call to assist with anything from penning and working your heard to roping a single cow. You can call your local sale barn and they will know of people like that.

Latest posts