Tranny problems

Help Support CattleToday:

rnh2

Reaction score
My son called from college 3 hours away. His 2000 jimmy won't back up, just grinds. Had this thing rebuilt by a good shop four years ago. It hasn't been abused. Is there like a dealer rebuild with a better warranty like target master?

sure it's the tranny and not the rearend? I'm going to guess its an auto tranny? check fluids? Seems really odd that it would be grinding in reverse.. how are the forward speeds?

I'll bet your in for another tyranny overhaul. Isolating problem to tranny or differential is easy enough.
Look under and see if driveshaft is turning

You may want to go to a GM dealer and ask about their GM performance re-manufactured transmission. Mine has been running strong for 6 years now.

Bought one through Auto zone. As good of warranty as any. I would never install another that is rebuilt in the re builders shop.

Some of the GM parts carry a lifetime warranty. The only catch is they have to install the part for the warranty to be effective.

Fixed it. Bought 06 Ford 67k miles. That'll do for a while. His fiancé consigned. So we're good now

3waycross":1tasdtvp said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1tasdtvp said:
3waycross":1tasdtvp said:
crap.....I thought this was a thread about Bruce Jenner!

Lol! How ya been Vic?

Retired a month ago......some nasty personal stuff but life is good.
You'll wonder how you ever had time to go to work Vic. This retirement caper has me full on with stuff.

Ken

So no more cows? or is someone else taking that 'side' of things over and you're taking it a bit easy.. Good to see you back!

Nesikep":15n9ec2q said:
So no more cows? or is someone else taking that 'side' of things over and you're taking it a bit easy.. Good to see you back!

I still have the cows. Just a miserable few months with my youngest son and his problems. Haven't felt much like getting on here or anywhere else. We might be seeing a little daylight so I am hopeful once again.

Definitely having the year from he[[ with my cows though. Dead at birth, dead when momma laid on her, broken foot, broken leg. etc etc. Only two bulls to put on test and one of them looks like a lowline.

3waycross, Come on down for some good ole southern hospitality and hunting.

Latest posts