trailer tires

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
I have a eighteen foot long double axel gn trailer that I use to move my tractor and hay. Have any of you used tire sealer to maintain tire pressure? Pros/Cons/oppinions apreciated, Thanks

Are you just talking about a temporary move? Because I would not chance it for the long haul. Get another tire on there.
I dont even like to use patched tires on my trailers.. AND .. always keep a boom and chain handy just in case. (thats with the trailers that I dont have a spare)

Neighbor has the pink stuff (saetz chemical flat stop) in his front tires on a 7220 4wd, has a loader on it and hauls heavy baleage with it and no problems. The good thing about it is that it never hardens so if you get another leak it will stop that one 2.

I'd say get new tires for safety and save the price in the future by covering the tires between uses. The sun does more damage than most realize. :hide:

we use the green stuff in most all of our tires. besides truck tires mainly because of cotton stalks and i despise a tube in a tire. small punches usually dont give us a problem. im talking small holes

Limomike":3fiyf93i said:
Caustic Burno":3fiyf93i said:
Arrow's are pretty rough on them as well.

Well. CB.. quit usin em for a backdrop when you target shoot!! :lol2:

I was shooting at some longer unknown distance's and over shot hitting the top of the target causing the arrow to riochcet. Then I heard the sound of leaking air. :shock: Target has since been moved.
Stupid Tax was paid.

Latest posts